Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

since Windows 10 was updated, I have had nothing but trouble with my printer. When I go to save a file, it says save printerprn. All my files saved as Adobe are showing *Allfiles and I can't print anything. NOTHING. I have no idea how to change it. Not even by cntl shift p. Do I reload printer and hope everything is ok? Why is printer prn being shown as a save file when this never showed up before? Troubleshooting shows no problem. I am so irritated. I Can print from my phone and tablet. Please help before you need to duck from a flying computer.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Betty - If the PDF files now display as Allfiles, then the print driver may have lost the file associations. If you use File Explorer to view the files, what shows in the Extension column. If PDF file have PDF in the extension column the OS is OK.

Check Settings->Devices->Printers&scanners. If your printer drivers are still good you should see the printer listed. I added a screen shot of mine to show what I'm talking about. If they don't show you should probably reload your printer software. It mIght be best to do that anyway. If you do reload the software - you should delete any printers listed to keep from getting duplicates.
    Attached Files
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

But when I try to print it says save to prn which I assume is printer and won’t print. Will try later as we are having a a bad storm and I turned it off. Thanks
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I don't know diddlysquat about anything associated with computers but can honestly say that Windows 10 has been a breath of fresh air to my computer life .... with the possible exception of the printer .... we have a HP that I've not been able to hook up wirelessly since I installed Windows 10 - after many, many painful hours I realized I could get past the wireless issues by simplyhooking it up directly - perhaps not the best way to do it - but it works for me. If you haven't done this then maybe give it a try - and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - (also found that this seems to work as well as anything else I might try .....).

Jay

Comment

Latest updates have had many problems. Look for revised revisions to correct problems.
          "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Every time there is an update I have problems. Jay, I have an HP wireless and print from 2 phones, 2 tablets and one computer. I’ll probably get this fixed and then there will be a revision to the revision and it’ll be messed up again. I’ll deal with it tomorrow.
            Betty

Comment

Betty, I just went through that with my Brother laser printer and my Epson 1430 printer. They are both on my wireless network. I went through the original install routine. Both had new drivers. I keep on other printer directly connected to via USB to my desktop, it is a Brother laser that I use for most of my pattern printing.
              Our wireless carrier changed the router names during an update, I was not aware until I realized non of our devices could log on. What a pain in the butt that was. We have several light switches, outlets thermostat, sprinkler system etc. all controlled by phone or Alexa. I had to reteach all of them.

A snifter of Grand Marnier and patience is my saving grace.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Irish whiskey was in my “emergency kit” back in my snowmobile days before Bruce. I may have to restock. Didn’t try anything today as I was afraid of doing serious harm to the computer. Maybe tomorrow.
                Betty

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                  Irish whiskey was in my “emergency kit” back in my snowmobile days before Bruce. I may have to restock. Didn’t try anything today as I was afraid of doing serious harm to the computer. Maybe tomorrow.
                  Put the hammer down and slowly walk away. Twenty years of selling and supporting electronics taught me some new language and that a hammer is a poor choice for installing printer drivers.
                  Jim
                  When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                  Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Check to see if Win 10 still supports your printer. You can check the printer mfg website or MS may have info.

That happened to me with my 10 year old printer last month with W10 update.

Went out and bought a new all-in-one for less than $50, but I sure do miss my old large format printer
                    Woodtography - photography in wood
                    http://www.Woodtography.com

Comment

Like Woodtography said contact your printer company. You may have to install a special driver. Having working in the computer industry I know that software upgrades and technology changes sometimes makes hardware and even some programs obsolete. Seen it happen to hardware worth hundreds of thousands. Sometimes there can be work arounds but they are not always available until things break.
                      Scott
                      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I’m going to deal with it tomorrow. As for a hammer. We buried my last uncle 2 weeks ago. He was 87 and a farmer and “handy man”. The one thing he was handy with was a hammer. Tractor, didn’t run. Hit it with a hammer. Window didn’t open. Where’s that hammer. We have pictures of him with his 56 Chevy, that he bought brand new. Thing is, the engine is out of the car and a hammer is in his hand. I think that was taken in 58. They found that hammer and buried it with him.
                        Betty

Comment

Here goes nothing. Test d scam and that works fine. Into some file 8/9 d Vic install request d. I also have an unknown printer showing. And when I try to print it says printer error. Then I have a message deviceROOT/PRINTER REQUIRES FIRTHER INSTALLATION. that sounds like trouble to me. Took a picture of what it says on 8/9
                          Attached Files
                          Betty

Comment

Are the ports right? If anybody wants to call me, message me and I’ll send you my number. Don’t want to put it public. I’ll be here for a while and will keep checking.
                            Attached Files
                            Betty

Comment

Sent the girl who worked on my computer a message asking what to do.
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X