Where is Captain_Bandaid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Captain_Bandaid?

I haven't seen any of his posts for awhile and I was wondering if he was OK.
    Visit Easton, Md's Waterfowl Festival November 8th 9th and 10th.

Re: Where is Captain_Bandaid?

I'm only guessing, but being as how it's cooled off here in Texas, I'll bet he's getting close to his forge.

Comment

Maybe he's away becoming 'Major Bandaid'
      I Cut It Six Times And It's Still Too Short!!!

Comment

Yeah, well, we should make people tell us when they're going off on an adventure somewhere - we wouldn't have to wonder and worry...and we could live vicariously through them, as well !!!

Oh, Capt. Bandaid!!!! Where are you???? :-/

Comment

Don't pay the ransom! I've escaped! Having a lot of trouble logging in under my own name. I log in and I am still a guest! Perhaps the webmistress banished me because I don't post as often I used to. Yes I am spending a lot of time on the forge (see new pics on the website: http://geocities.com/captainbandaids ) but I am also finishing up a deep relief carving. I will post it when it is done. Thank you all for your concern about me. I am alive, well, carving, forging and still trying to log onto this site as myself!

Comment

Good to see you again Capt. And good to see your site. I sure wish we could sit down together and I could describe the tiny gouges I so desperately need .
            Your clocks are GORGEOUS....but I lust after the gouges/chisels most.

Comment

<raising hand> me too, me too!!!!! I really need some tiny chisels and have had NO luck in finding any small enough yet.

And, um....next time, apply for a pass, Capt. We can't take the stress

Teri

Comment

: I have logged it 3 times and I'm still a guest? :'(

Tiny Gouges: Let me make two suggestions about getting some tiny tools. First, check out the Dockyard sets. They are a bit pricey but they are good tools and VERY tiny. If you only one or two GOOD tools, visit Cape Forge (http://capeforge.com). They make excellent tools and do custom work. I have 3 of their carving knives, and the mini-set of travelling tools and they all deliver the goods. I have actually added several new chisels to the mini-set by forging them myself....but don tell Mike DePunte at Cape Forge that I am 'Forging Forgings' !

Comment

: Since I cannot log on, I cannot edit my own postings and had to make a new one.

CAPE FORGE : http://www.capeforge.com

WEBMISTRESS! CAN WE GET THIS FIXED?

Comment

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4055528

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• markdavd
                      Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
                      by markdavd
                      This is a case were the publisher can't win.

I personally like the patterns to be printed at the artist's intended size if at all possible. Let me decide to reduce or enlarge. If I don't have the equipment to make a copy at 100%, that's my problem not the publishers. We all have our own...
                      Today, 06:13 PM
                    • keystonecop
                      by keystonecop
                      The original pattern was 7 1/2 x 13 1/4.. The book has no mention of resizing on all but one page. My guess the magazine and the book side of fox has no one who scrolls.. the last books have shown that. enlarged I had to use a #1 blade for many cuts. If I had just copied the pattern in its silver...
                      Today, 12:09 PM
                    • will8989
                      by will8989
                      I think he is talking about the size of the patterns lately and extra steps needed to copy and resize them. It took me an hour to copy the fish from the latest issue with all the folding, cutting to match, tape, repeat. If it had been letter or legal size, I could have copied and resize with less hassle....
                      Today, 11:55 AM
                    • millwab
                      Reply to Peanuts #1
                      by millwab
                      IDK? I remember that Ben sold Pegas blades, but the label on this package just says "Ben's Blades, Ultra Thin Puzzle Blade". When Denny started selling Pegas blades I asked him and he told me Pegas doesn't sell a specific "puzzle" blade. The 2/0 might be their answer....
                      Today, 11:29 AM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to What is it?
                      by will8989
                      No, but I like that guess. It’s very useful and my niece wants one.
                      Today, 09:52 AM
                    Working...
                    X