Hope to get back to some scrolling.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope to get back to some scrolling.

My last TIG welding class is tonight. It has been an interesting adventure into something I always wanted to learn. Pretty good at aluminum and Stainless welding now. Normal steel is relatively easy.
    Saturday our new bath counter top will be installed so that disruption will be over.A total gut and redo of our main bath. Amen. I have a couple of scrolling projects that I have to do for the magazine.
    Need to get the boat ready for launch and prep my car for our Fire departments first annual classic car show. It really is a good thing that I am retired!
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Rolf, we seem to be more busy after retirement!
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Don't you wonder how you got everything done while working?
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

It will be 23 years this June 30th which was my last day of work, and I still haven't figured out how I ever found time to work.
        cwmagee
        aka Fibber
        Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Glad to ear you are back. enjoy the Boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post

...... It really is a good thing that I am retired!
            I have often wondered if I went back to work: "would I have more free time??"

Jay

Comment

Jay, I go visit my former workplace every once in awhile. It has has changed so much, and not for the better. I visit on bagel day..
              I really loved my job, but once I decided it was time to retire, I was done. The good think is I had all of my many hobbies to go to, plus a great bunch of folks in our scroll saw club to fill the social aspect that work provided.
              Rolf

Comment

Bruce always said he was going to work to 70. Well 65 arrived and things started changing. He turned 66 in December and retired in August, only because of the profit sharing. Bruce just finished being active with the lawn mower. He’s stretching his legs out in the bed.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Yup - seems like you work until you retire - then you go to work for fun.
                  Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

That's where I live!
                    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

They delivered our new counter top (28" x 22") Friday, they set it in place And it has three holes in it for the faucet, it was only supposed to be one. They had the drawing right there that showed only one hole. OOPs . They promised a new correct one by Monday. They are out 4 sq ft at $85 a sq ft plus labor.
                      Rolf

Comment

Didn't know you hired the 3 Stooges! Let's see if they get it right the second time around.

But it would have been worse if you had done it. On the other hand, I can't see you making that type of mistake.
                        Last edited by handibunny; 06-08-2019, 09:41 AM.
                        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

As a retired sheet metal worker I miss TIG welding. I see TIG welders offered on Craigslist but have resisted buying one because I really do not have a need for one. TIG Welding Aluminum is not easy! Stainless is a snap. If you have mastered Aluminum you are highly skilled at TIG welding.
                          Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
                          No PHD, but I have my GED and my DD 214"
                          Website https://craftingcouple.com/

Comment

Jim, I really don't have a need for one either, but I do have 49 year old car that has aluminum door frames that need attention. and also a tubular chassis that is notorious for cracks around the motor mounts. But mainly I was twitchy for a new toy and the basement is full.
                            Rolf

Comment

All right you guys! Stop rubbing it in!

<still years away from retirement>
                              Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X