Cricut machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricut machine

UMC 2 (Small).jpg I am restoring a couple of signs that were mounted on the front of our church. Water got behind them and completely rotted the plywood backer and parts of the frames that I had to recreate. The scroll saw was great for parts of the upper pieces. I was trying to figure out haw to redo the lettering and decided to use a PVC sign board instead of plywood and stencil the text. Our library has a Cricut machine so I used it to cut Vinyl letters instead. What a great machine. The letters are about 2" tall . Above it you can see the other text ready to be applied to the other sign. The signs will be behind glass. I will also put small spacers behind the signs so that moisture does not get trapped and start the rotting process again. UMC 1 (Small).jpgUMC 1 done (Small).jpg
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Looks amazing! Can’t wait to see the final results! I’ve seen those machines advertised, but never saw one in action. Impressive!
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

What a great idea to use the Cricut.
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

I have some crafter friends who started a business about 6 years ago with glass jars and words cut from the cricut machine and asked “If I made these would you buy from me” and the business Here’s your deSign was born. These girls are killing it!
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

My neighbor bought a 60's vintage BSA motorcycle that he is restoring. The graphic on the tank was just barely visible so I took a picture of it and redrew the graphic and have cut a stencil on the Cricut for him so I am curious how that will work out. The stencil will be on the tank and a friend will air brush it with Gold. It is a good thing that the library access to it is free or I would own one of these machines. I have also cut removable clear contact paper stencil 5 9 revision 5.jpg and made a stencil. The stencil 15535631617157011559922939138376 (Small).jpg is only 3-1/2 inches wide.
          Rolf

Comment

Unfortunately the finials on the sign frames were in good shape or I would have had to turn some new ones.
            Rolf

Comment

Nice job Rolf.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

It's turning out great Rolf and the use of the Vinyl should help with the sign retaining its "glory" for a while. I wouldn't be without my electronic cutters, I have used them for so many things over the years, including making a ton of team shirts for my kids sports teams and other team paraphernalia.
                Melanie from East TN

Comment

And technically it is CNC
                  Rolf

Comment

I never thought of the circuit machine. That's an ingenious way to tackle that project.
                    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

For those of you that have a Cricut and need to use transfer paper to pick up and move letters or stencils, I tried using Cricut's own transfer paper and it was way too sticky. I tried the Clear Contact brand removable shelf paper that I use under all of my patterns and it works perfectly.
                      Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X