Oh no! my saw stopped working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no! my saw stopped working

Changed blade, stepped on foot peddle. Nothing. Tried again. Nothing. Called HELP to Bruce. His reply, do I need to call 911. Checked out everything, vacuum came on no saw. Hmmmm. Told Bruce this happened about 10 years ago and it was the switch. And when I ordered that switch, I ordered an extra one. We, meaning Bruce did, took it apart, hmmm. New one was missing a spade. Huh? Hooked it up but wouldn’t work because it didn’t have a spade. Still didn’t know what that was. Of course, being the Boy Scout Bruce is, he just happened to have a few extra spades! And one that was the right side. He slipped it on the switch post, put the wire in and crimped it, slid on the other thingy and presto the saw works!! Moral of the story, have an extra switch on hand and a spade is something other than a shovel or card suite! Glad that’s done for another 10 years.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Whew, I can imagine your panic Betty. Glad you thought ahead ten years ago and had the extra switch and Bruce knew what to do. I have a hubby like that, good thing too because I am not mechanically inclined. My reply to the do I need to call 911 would have been, no, I was Hubby is good to answer my 911 calls like those. Glad to hear you are back up and running.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Congratulations! You didn't have to stop production.
      Floyd
      ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

If he wasn’t able to fix it we would have been on 95 heading to Delaware to Hegner’s today. When I bought it in 2002 at a woodworking show I also got a platinum 20 year motor warranty. Well, gotta start the day! Have a good one everyone.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Not sure what a spade is but I love a happy ending.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

it is a spade connector.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
              it is a spade connector.
              Thanks Rolf. Never paid attention to a formal name. I alwayss call them connectors or bayonet connectors. I have a box of assorted sizes.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Yep, that's what he used. If he would have said connector, I might have known what he meant.

noun
                1. a tool with a sharp-edged, typically rectangular, metal blade and a long handle, used for digging or cutting earth, sand, turf, etc.

Used a spade many times working the garden. They work better when they are sharpened.

Betty

Comment

Also called a "female quick connect".

"Time to give back."
                  "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X