My day so far

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My day so far

My son's girlfriend, either broke or sprained her foot this morning. They are in the ER since 9 and still haven't been seen. My Sister in law fell at work yesterday and landed on her back. She's had 2 surgeries on it, the last about 8 years ago. There was something on the floor she slipped on. She couldn't move for a while, but was sent home. Considering she works for the head Cardiologist at the hospital, which is the building behind where she works, you think they would have sent her there. She's on her way to the ER now. And I never mentioned but one of my favorite aunts died 2 weeks ago from complications of Alzheimers. Out of nine siblings, my mother's, there are only 2 left, one who has Parkinson's and my aunt who is not healthy at all. They were considered the 4 musketeers, my 2 aunts, mother and uncle. Needless to say my aunt is very depressed. My cousin and I are taking her to Mass Saturday night and dinner afterwards for her birthday. Today is a beautiful day so I think I am going to go for a walk, take my tools outside and start my intarsia!!! Best I not call Verizon right now. Just saying.

Carole, this is the sister in law who comes up your way frequently. I think it will be a while before we make the trip. Will keep you posted.
    Last edited by will8989; 03-13-2019, 10:56 AM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

So sorry to hear. They say bad things come in 3's. You hit your limit.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Sorry to hear Betty. My mother passed from Alzheimer's. It is an ugly ugly disease and so hard o the family. I think you have figured out a great plan of action. I hope you enjoyed a good walk, and had an opportunity to work at your saw. Prayers said for all.
      Melanie from East TN

Comment

I hope your days get better. God bless.
        Brian in the Four Corners

Comment

Lauren broke her foot in 2 places, each side of the bone that attaches to the ankle. Went for a walk but too windy to work outside.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Prayers continued for quick and proper healing. Was quite windy here yesterday as well. Today is better and week forecast calls for at least 5 straight days with no rain in the forecast. Thankful for that.
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

I am so glad that I am not related to you. I relish staying intact.
              I hope her healing is quick, with a minimum of discomfort.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

And to end the week they sold the family farm. Literally. My grandparents bought the land in 1940. They raised livestock and chickens and 5 acres of gardens. I was helping with the canning at the ripe old age of 6 during my summer vacations. My grandmother and I would pick string beans for supper. We would sit under one of the fruit trees and snap them. I would snap one for the pot and two for me. I always remember her saying โ€œBeth the more you eat the more you have to snap for dinner.โ€ To this day stringbeans are my favorite. During thunder storms my cousin and I would climb the Apple tree and eat apples until the storms passed. Donโ€™t know if we were lucky or just plain stupid. Thanksgiving and Christmas saw up to 35 people in the house for dinner. And now itโ€™s gone. Nothing left but the memories. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฆƒ
                Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X