Attempted to hack my verizon account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempted to hack my verizon account

They will stop at nothing. Last night I looked at my emails and saw 4 notices from verizon with the temporary password I requested to change my password. Great, but I didn't request a password change. On all of my accounts I have a safeguard that if I request a change in password, they need to send a temporary password to my cell phone. They tried 3 times in the morning and once last night. I logged on, with a temp password that was to expire in two hours, 4 hours after it was sent and changed my password. Need to change the password to my wifi, which means everything has to be signed in under the new password. Such a pain.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

I've changed many accounts to dual authentication. Even if they guess my password, the site will send a code to my cellphone. If they can't enter the code they still can't get in. It's a bit of extra hassle, but, after someone hacked my Amazon account, I go for max protection.

Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

After 4 more notifications sending me a message sending a temp password that I requested, which I didn’t, to change my password, after calling and “talking”to a computer setting up a voice password, still not talking to a human, after 25 minutes of waiting, I slammed the phone down and said the heck with it or words to that effect. I told Bruce they can’t change the password without the temp password they send to me, or call to change it since I have it voice password protected, I’m done. By the way, I got 3 more notices and temp passwords today.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

The only time Verizon is truly of help to me is when I physically go into one of their stores. Their customer service over the phone and their "online chat" are pathetic at best. Good luck with your problem.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I have found that the best time to call is around 11p.m. I just haven't bothered with it these past two days.
          Betty

Comment

I am not impressed with their web chat service at all but I have had very good experiences with phone service.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

My Amazon account got hacked last fall and they had my got into my account but could not change my address for some reason. They made a few minor orders (testing) but without the ability to change the address, it was still being shipped to me. I called amazon and they froze the account for 24 hours and got it cleared. I changed my PW quickly. (I used long Japanese words in Romaji) Two weeks later, it was hacked again and this time the address was changed. I called Amazon again and within hours, it was back to me. I changed the PW again with combinations of letters, numbers, symbols and added two step authentication to my cell phone. A few days later, someone tried to hack again and I got 11 notices in 30 minutes of trying to hack my account but they could not. At this point, I think they moved on to someone else.

I took my credit cards off of my account and only use only one now.

An interesting thing happened a few weeks before that though - I received an email from the Tactical Sun Glasses company saying thanks for ordering 2 pair of their tactical sunglasses. This is one of those TV advertising companies who tell you how great their tactical sunglasses are. Well, the email was one that you could not reply to. I wondered what that was about. I waited, thinking about "do I call or not?" Then I got a notice that it had shipped. Again, a no-reply email address. So I did a search for the company and number and called. They said I logged onto their website and ordered online. I told them I did not do that - I have prescription polarized sunglasses and did not need tactical sunglasses, and the same for my wife. They told me that I would have to send them back. I told them I would if they paid the shipping, because I didn't order them. About that time I got my CC billing and I was charged. I sent them back at their expense and I called my CC company and had them issue me a new card.

After the Amazon incident above, I went to all of my main online browsing and commerce sites and changed to two step authentication with combinations of letters, caps, numbers and signs based on phrases in Asian language sounds. AND each one is different. And I keep a hidden list of these "un-memorize-able" PWs and what they are linked to. The two step authentication stops most of it.

AND I subscribed to LifeLock for my wife and myself.
              Hank Lee
              Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Comment

Since I don’t know Asian language sounds or Japanese, numbers, writing each one down as I hit the key. The two step authentication works the best.
                Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X