No announcement yet.

How to connect a clock to a scroll saw?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect a clock to a scroll saw?

What type of electric clock can I use to connect to a foot switch, to be able to time my use of my scroll saw on a project.?

I believe Rolf has this on his saw. If he does not reply in a day or so send him a message.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

How about an old school plug in hooked through a dual socket?
      Set the hands to noon when you start a project.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

There are few ready made timing devices to do what you want to do. Unfortunately they are designed for low voltage applications. Depending on your technical abilities you can get digital readout displays that can be set up for total accumulated count up time applications. This approach would require some engineering to interface with your 120V foot petal.

The other option is a digital count up kitchen timer. Amazon has a fairly large selection of timers that could be used. This approach requires more human intervention.
        cwmagee
        aka Fibber
        Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

I have a couple of things connected as I need to time what I do for Fox Chapel. The simplest is to just have a digital timer that you start and stop manually, I use that to time my total time spent on a project. The other thing I have setup is an outlet strip that is plugged into my foot switch. I plug my saw into that and I also have a lab timer plugged into it, so it runs when ever the saw is running. The drawback of that is that it does not take into consideration the time used to feed and change blades in fretwork. The great part is it gives me blade life time. This one is great as it is easy to reset to zero. I also have an hour meter connected that shows me how much time the saw has on it for maintenance purposes.GraLab_GR171_Model_171_Universal_Darkroom_656519.jpg
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I Use a standard hand clock hooked to a power strip. also turns on my fancy air filtration and my light... just reset the clock back to 12 when I start a new project. If I have an excessive amount of drilling i sometime turn it on for that as well.. I do not have it connected to my foot switch as I count all my time on the saw a cutting time. (I should add one to the foot switch like Rolf mentions for blade usage) edittimer.jpg
            Last edited by keystonecop; 03-02-2019, 05:10 PM.
            The other John A. Nelson
            johnsworkshop.com
            sigpic
            I just follow the lines and make sawdust
            on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Check out Steve Good's website,he recently did an article on just what you are looking for.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X