I have an empty room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an empty room

No more kitchen cabinets in my sewing room. They’re all in the kitchen!!! Last 2 doors going on this week!! Bruce needs to remake one of the upper cabinet doors it twisted a little. Backsplash and dare I say DONE. Now, what to do with an empty room. I’m sure I’ll find something. It’s been a lllloooooonnnnggggg journey getting to this point.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

How about making it a sewing room again. It is only logical.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Congratulations! Doing your own kitchen is a huge undertaking, especially when you build your own cabinets. Have you decided on the back splash? Pictures when complete would be nice.

Return it to a sewing room. I wish we had an extra craft/ sewing room. My Mom passed away in 2007, at the ti e she had 13 sewing machines along with all of the attachments etc. I am just now sorting through all of the boxes. I kept the Brother Inovis 4000D embroidery machine and her 1927 vintage industrial machine (just put that up for sale). I now know for sure where my need for gadgets came from.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I'm envisioning a cherry panelled library.
        With a crystal chandelier and green leather high back reading chairs--while soft music plays in the background from cleverly hidden speakers.
        Last edited by Jim McDonald; 02-12-2019, 02:43 PM.
        Jim
        When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
        Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

I have the backsplash. After bringing home 15 different tiles, I settled on the first one!!! I almost changed my mind on the floor, but after looking at the boxes stacked in the living room I figured Bruce would get upset if I wanted to exchange it. Glad I didn’t because it is really pretty. I also told Bruce I wanted to add another work area in the sewing room for my quilling. I think he’s done with projects for a while. We still need to put baseboard back down in the dining and living room and get the carpet installed. Sure glad we painted when we did because I don’t think it would have been done. One thing I learned there’s is no time frame with an undertaking this size. Bruce kept saying that but of course I didn’t listen. Yes, there will be pictures.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I always chuckle when friends tell me they hired a contractor to do a project and it would take this long at this cost. People that have never done anything by themselves have absolutely no idea what is involved. Especially the stuff that is hidden in the walls of an old house..
            I am really impressed with what you and especially Bruce have accomplished.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

One can never have too much room for wood storage.
              Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Don in Brooklin On
                Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
                by Don in Brooklin On
                I use wipe on poly quite often and I apply 2 thin coats before sanding with 220 or 320. I wipe with a lint free. Someone told me not to use tack cloth as you can leave behind a wee bit of beeswax witch could cause issues later on.

I make sure that the surface is dry and not tacky before...
                Yesterday, 05:41 AM
              • dwssr2
                wipe on poly and tack cloth
                by dwssr2
                Question, when sanding polyurethane in between coats, using a tack cloth, is it ok to wipe on poly while the project seems tacky or should a person wait a few hours to let it dry?
                How necessary is it to sand between coats of polyurethane? I am sure people have a lot of different opinions and...
                04-24-2019, 05:58 PM
              • tgiro01
                Reply to Do you know what this Is?
                by tgiro01
                Betty asked: "Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs?"...
                04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
              • RJweb
                by RJweb
                The problem now a days everyone is sue happy, no matter who’s at fault, RJ...
                04-24-2019, 10:03 AM
              • will8989
                by will8989
                Don’t forget to carry insurance if you sell a lot. It’s a necessary expense and a good "silent" partner and hope it stays that way. Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due...
                04-24-2019, 08:44 AM
              Working...
              X