Question for Trout or anyone who makes toys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Trout or anyone who makes toys

IN a recent issue of one of the Wood magazines was a plan for a helicopter. I'm not sure which magazine or issue. One of the guys at the sawmill made it and asked Bruce for what he thought it would sell for. He asked me and I told him $250 upwards. Of course, the guy nearly fainted he was only going to ask $75 maybe $100. My question is, what do you think would be a fair price? I have no idea the amount of work that goes into something like that. Bruce said the item was perfection in everything, even the wood selection. Thanks!!! Notice the time RJ? AM not PM.
    Last edited by will8989; 01-29-2019, 11:25 AM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

I seen that in the magazine briefly, I would try 75.00, but I never sell anything so I might be way off, Betty, glad to see you are on standard time zone, RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

What magazine was it in?
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Last issue of Wood maybe
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

It appears that there is a Mil Spec Apache Helicopter plan in the March, 2019 edition. I assume that is the one since you think it is in the last issue of Wood. https://www.woodmagazine.com/magazin...icopter-extras

They had the CH-47 Chinook Helicopter back in 2017 looks like: https://www.woodmagazine.com/project...nloadable-plan
          Melanie from East TN

Comment

That's it.. Bruce showed me the picture of it when we were in Walmart last week Thanks.It was made out of black walnut and cherry.
            Last edited by will8989; 01-29-2019, 08:29 PM.
            Betty

Comment

Without making it one it would be hard to quote a price. How much time went into one? How much was the cost of specialty items such as wheels, fasteners, and other parts that had to be purchased. Without knowing my SWAG would be to say no less then $20 per hour plus double the cost of materials. That is probably on the low side.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I figure $30 an hour when I price my items. I ain’t cheap!! 😂
                Betty

Comment

Hi Betty. I saw the helicopter and that’s a pretty easy build and you could have it done in about 3 hours..I would say between $100 to $125 would be a good fair price..
                  it’s all about what you want to put into it, time effort and materials cost money..

Trout
                  Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                  Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Who would be your market? It is too fancy and probably delicate for a kid to play with. And a parent would not spend that much for a non electronic toy. It is too nice to be a toy.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Excellent workmanship and materials. A lot of people in this area buy things because they like them not because they need them. I see no problem with it selling.
                      Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X