Charles Dearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Dearing

I just heard from Steve Good that Charles Dearing had a house fire. Steve posted go fund me link if you want to help him out.
    https://www.gofundme.com/charles-dea...co_shareflow_m
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeasleyTurnings
    Stabilized blanks and more

Sorry to hear. Hopefully he has insurance.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

I have seen a few posts on FB. Lots of smoke and water damage but the house appears to be intact with little or no structural damage. Sounds like he does have insurance though you never know what they actually cover..
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

My family home burned my first year in college. It did not burn to the ground but it was “totaled” by the insurance due to the smoke and water damage alone. It destroys everything pretty much even if the flames did not get to it. Our house was taken completely back to the studs and rebuilt. Nothing much was salvaged from the contents either. It is a horrible thing to go through emotionally for sure.

i gather he has lost most all of his Scroll work he had done and had in the house. From what I read, he does have insurance but it has a very high deductible unfortunately and once you start dealing with insurance in situations like this, you find somethings are not covered. Also, if you don’t have “cost replacement” coverage, then they give you very little on the contents due to the depreciation values the insurance assigns,
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RJweb
          Reply to New Band saw Fence
          RJweb
          Thx for the review, what size blade did you use for resawing, also I feel that is a good price considering it is a Kreg product, I like their stuff, I have a few of their products, RJ...
          Today, 12:54 PM
        • Rolf
          Rolf
          Quartz you are absolutely right about the need for a good blade and proper tuning of the saw. I thought the price was a lot cheaper than I expected. Only nine ornaments
          Betty I have the mag switches on my scroll saw dust collection they are amazingly strong.
          But for my fence I want to...
          Today, 09:10 AM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to Gizmos
          Sandy Oaks
          Thanks Rolf. Hard to see, but the light wood is curly maple. Beautiful
          Yesterday, 11:07 PM
        • will8989
          will8989
          Bruce bought the Carter bandsaw fence and resaw fence at the Woodworkers show. He hasn’t used it yet but will give his ewview when he does use it. His is magnetic as he is left handed.thats what he said anyway. Will let you know how it is when I use it.
          Yesterday, 09:53 PM
        • Trout
          Reply to My truck is done..
          Trout
          Did a delivery with the new truck.. ...
          Yesterday, 07:42 PM
        Working...
        X