Christmas show stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas show stuff

Not scroll sawn, but they came out so neat, I had to show them off. These wine bottle stoppers & ornaments will be going to the craft show with me this weekend. There's more ornaments still drying from their second coat.

Since the patterns from the SpectraPly came out so wildly, I kept the turning simple. Just let the ply talk for itself.

Attached Files
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Gorgeous! Did you use the wood as-is, or glue it up so you could get the swirly effects all around?
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

They really do look great. Thanks for posting them.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I agree, they are beautiful. Will be interested in hearing how well they sell for you this weekend. Thanks for showing.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

Beautiful work Tony! Hope you have a great show.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Originally posted by handibunny View Post
            Gorgeous! Did you use the wood as-is, or glue it up so you could get the swirly effects all around?
            Here's the trick --

Attached Files
            Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Thanks, Tony. That's what I thought you'd have to do. Your work is impeccable!
              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow, Tony. Those are amazing. Thanks for showing the glue up.
                Denny
                ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

I think that glue up needs to be in the magazine! When Bruce turned pepper grinders with the spectraply, they were the first to sell. They will go fast.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

These ornaments look very festive! And thanks for the secret of gluing their blanks!
                    Alexey Morozov & my puzzles

Comment

Well, we sold about a dozen ornaments, but only two of the wine bottle stoppers. They liked the looks of them, but, "We never have any wine left in a bottle." was what we heard most.
                      Tony

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                        Tiger fretwork
                        alexscrollsaw
                        Tiger fretwork, 450 cuts
                        Size 10x13 inches (without frame), birch plywood, 1/6 inch, gloss varnish
                        pattern is available at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlexFoxUA

Today, 04:03 AM
                      • will8989
                        Conversation with Bruce
                        will8989
                        Me: I can’t believe I’m almost out of wood. Only 2small pieces of cherry and some poplar. No wood, no baskets for Wednesday night. Bruce: well, where is the wood? Me: in the bank. Bruce: what’s it doing in the bank? Me: seriously? He went to the carpenter shop where the sawmill is for Elm and...
                        Today, 12:56 AM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Farmers Mkt today
                        will8989
                        Another great day yesterday, almost a sell out!!! Sold all but 3 Small baskets, some card holders and a few other things. Repeat customers. Freezing cold!!! Now, what do I take for Wednesday night?
                        Today, 12:40 AM
                      • hotshot
                        Reply to Coin Cutting Weekend
                        hotshot
                        Sorry, I totally missed this question, for CorelDraw, crop you pattern to the edges on all sides, then scale the pattern to 100mm x 100mm then export that to PDF. What that does is than anyone can take you pattern then make it fit any coin by just printing to a percentage that matches the size of the...
                        Yesterday, 11:44 PM
                      • Quartz43
                        Reply to epoxy
                        Quartz43
                        I have used several different epoxy. I use 5 and 15 minute epoxy for most things. I use the Bob Smith brand from Amazon. I mix it in small pill cups and measure by weight with a cheap small digital scale. One does need to be careful as it is not mixed one to one by weight and you have to check directions....
                        Yesterday, 06:51 PM
                      Working...
                      X