X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Christmas Ornament Exchange

Official 2018 Christmas Ornament Exchange

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be this year's host of the annual tradition. And since Christmas will be here before we know it I figured I'd get things started early.

Anyone that would like to participate, please send me the following information via PM or email. The cut off date will be November 10 . I'm hoping to get more people to sign up. I should have your list of addresses to you by the couple days after dead line . That should allow for enough time for those international packages. Of course, receiving ornaments in January is fun too. And it has happened before, so no worries.

Is there any suggestions on what i can do to encourage more people to sign up?

Please provide the following information if you would like to participate:

Name
    Address
    Board name
    How many ornaments you would like to make (anywhere from 1 to all

General Guidelines:

1. Ornament type/pattern is up to you.

2. You get to choose how many ornaments you would like to make. It can be anywhere from 1 to everyone in the group. The choice is yours. So even those folks on a limited income can participate. You do NOT have to send one to everyone in the swap.

3. You are responsible for all postage costs to send out your ornament. Be sure to take this into consideration when making your ornament and committing to the number you'll send out. Flat ornaments will be easier to package and cheaper to ship.

4. Please package your ornament securely. We've had issues in the past where ornaments were destroyed in transit because the postal machine was hungry for wood. Usually a little cardboard and a padded envelope will work. I wouldn't recommend putting your ornament into just a Christmas card or just an envelope and mailing it.

Please include your screen name from the boards in the package since most folks will recognize that name before they recognize your real name. Most folks include some type of card with their screen name and real name.

6. We try to wait until just about everyone has received their ornaments so that we don't ruin the surprise. Please wait until at least after christmas to post pics.

7. Have fun. It's so much fun going to the mailbox hoping that you have another ornament waiting for you. Definitely much better than getting a pile of bills!

Any questions, please let me know

My Email Address is david71372@yahoo.com

Thanks David

I will update This list as often as I can when I receive Your information. IF your Name is NOT on this list, then I dont have your in​​​​​​fo. Thanks.

List
    1. Nc Scoller
    2. Daddy's scoller
    3. JStur23
    4.daveswoodworking
    5. Domeclockj6
    6.Sandy Oaks
    7. Jim McDonald

Last edited by daveswoodworking; 10-10-2018, 11:57 AM. Reason: Up date list
    Dewalt 788

I'm in Dave.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Count me in
      Tricia

Comment

Count me in

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dan A
          Reply to Last weekends wood show
          Dan A
          Congratulations, Rolf

Dan
          Today, 06:15 PM
        • Rubsterwine
          Reply to My hegner is chopping thru wood
          Rubsterwine
          Thanks guys: The blade is not being pinched. I have parts list and diagram, the bearing on the crank linkage are sealed but I have on order a new linkage with bearings. Yes I oil the bushings every couple of weeks. I thought maybe the screws on the upper clamp might worn to much so I removed the two...
          Today, 03:48 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to Christmas show stuff
          Sandy Oaks
          Wow, Tony. Those are amazing. Thanks for showing the glue up.
          Today, 11:20 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to My hegner is chopping thru wood
          will8989
          Check the thumb screw in the upper holder. On the end is a tiny screw that must be perfectly flat. If it’s not it won’t grab the blade properly. I replace mine every few years. The problem this time is with #5 blades. The bottom of the blade is not even and I believe that is my problem. The other...
          Today, 11:11 AM
        • handibunny
          Reply to Christmas show stuff
          handibunny
          Thanks, Tony. That's what I thought you'd have to do. Your work is impeccable!
          Today, 11:00 AM
        Working...
        X