Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Christmas Ornament Exchange

Official 2018 Christmas Ornament Exchange

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be this year's host of the annual tradition. And since Christmas will be here before we know it I figured I'd get things started early.

Anyone that would like to participate, please send me the following information via PM or email. The cut off date will be November 10 . I'm hoping to get more people to sign up. I should have your list of addresses to you by the couple days after dead line . That should allow for enough time for those international packages. Of course, receiving ornaments in January is fun too. And it has happened before, so no worries.

Is there any suggestions on what i can do to encourage more people to sign up?

Please provide the following information if you would like to participate:

Name
    Address
    Board name
    How many ornaments you would like to make (anywhere from 1 to all

General Guidelines:

1. Ornament type/pattern is up to you.

2. You get to choose how many ornaments you would like to make. It can be anywhere from 1 to everyone in the group. The choice is yours. So even those folks on a limited income can participate. You do NOT have to send one to everyone in the swap.

3. You are responsible for all postage costs to send out your ornament. Be sure to take this into consideration when making your ornament and committing to the number you'll send out. Flat ornaments will be easier to package and cheaper to ship.

4. Please package your ornament securely. We've had issues in the past where ornaments were destroyed in transit because the postal machine was hungry for wood. Usually a little cardboard and a padded envelope will work. I wouldn't recommend putting your ornament into just a Christmas card or just an envelope and mailing it.

Please include your screen name from the boards in the package since most folks will recognize that name before they recognize your real name. Most folks include some type of card with their screen name and real name.

6. We try to wait until just about everyone has received their ornaments so that we don't ruin the surprise. Please wait until at least after christmas to post pics.

7. Have fun. It's so much fun going to the mailbox hoping that you have another ornament waiting for you. Definitely much better than getting a pile of bills!

Any questions, please let me know

My Email Address is david71372@yahoo.com

Thanks David

I will update This list as often as I can when I receive Your information. IF your Name is NOT on this list, then I dont have your info. Thanks.
    Dewalt 788

I'm in Dave.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Count me in
      Tricia

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Tomanydogs
        Reply to Magazines Published
        Tomanydogs
        That's GREAT thanks Randy. Early Christmas present for me. YEAH!!!
        Yesterday, 11:31 PM
      • hotshot
        Reply to Magazines Published
        hotshot
        They have though of this, and I own them. Pretty interesting to see the vendors from the early days, and see how the pattern designers improved their craft over the years. Also, there was a lot of Corian and stuff in the early issues.

Here is a quick way to get to these: https://foxch...
        Yesterday, 09:19 PM
      • Tomanydogs
        Magazines Published
        Tomanydogs
        Hi, Has the magazine ever thought of or ever done a series of CD's (not sure if CD's are still the thing) of all the magazines published? I would purchase it! National Geographic did that, a real handy resource to have.
        Yesterday, 03:26 PM
      • Tomanydogs
        Reply to Spiral Blades
        Tomanydogs
        Thank you for that Hank, I will persevere!!! I'm not a quitter, I'm smarter then a straight blade LOL....
        Yesterday, 03:07 PM
      • leehljp
        Reply to Spiral Blades
        leehljp
        I did some scroll sawing successfully with a cheap Sears pin scroll saw back in the early '90s and enjoyed it because I didn't know any better! (I was living in Japan at the time and there was no internet to have access to people who knew.) So, I used what I had. Then LOML bought me a DeWalt scroll...
        Yesterday, 01:20 PM
      Working...
      X