Hurricane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane

Sure hope hope they are wrong about the storm. Sounds like a bad one. Scott, be safe and anyone else in its path. Have no idea what will happen here.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Let's hope everyone can get through this with minimal damage and inconvenience.
    Went through Charley when I was in Orlando and saw what it could do and seen the aftermath of several tornadoes here in Indiana and the only good thing about hurricanes is the advance warning. Neither storm is good for the nerves.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

I believe we have several members in that area, I pray for your safety. My wife's son lives in Greenvile ,NC Please keep us posted.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I heard the “train roaring”when Isabel ripped through here quite a few years ago. She took down one tree that clipped the corner of our house, another fell on a neighbors shed and we removed two others later that were too close for comfort. We get hit by a lot of Nor’easters that do as much or more damage than a hurricane. I’m eyeing two trees now that should come down.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I am currently directly in the projected path. I am lucky I am about 150 miles from the projected landfall site of Wilmington, NC. Though I live on a large lake l don't have to worry about flooding. Just lose of power and falling trees. Thanks for your prayers. I will keep you posted.

Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Yes, Scott we are concerned with and for you. Our prayers are for your saftey.
            Floyd and Jean
            ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Prayers for everyone in the path of this storm. Rolf, I saw Greenville was also on the direct landfall list. Hopefully, it will not linger as they are predicting. Even though we are on the outer fringes of the storm, the storm surge is the problem. I really don't know how much more rain and runoff we can take. I'm sure we're approaching 30" since June, 17" in July alone. On the upside, it wasn't snow!!!
              Betty

Comment

As it looks at this moment, we might be in for 12" of rain and strong winds, a combination that topples trees. Flooding is not a problem on my property, but could wash out the roads getting back here. We're just praying God will keep everyone safe through all this. Scott, if you need a place to shelter quickly our guest room is there for you and Sharon. God bless brother.
                Manufacturer Of Heirloom Quality Sawdust

I wasn't born in the south, but I got here as fast as I could!

Dewalt DW788 Hegner Maximat 18

Comment

Betty, my step son is just north of the Pitt- Greenville airport. The flood waters from the Tar river get uncomfortably close. This will be a nasty. For all in the affected area please keep us posted.
                  Rolf

Comment

Looks like it shifted but that area is still in direct hit with possibly stalling. Wherever it goes it will be awful. I thought of June this morning when the weather guy tried to say Southern North Carolina and got all messed up. Continued prayers for everyone in the path.
                    Last edited by will8989; 09-12-2018, 02:48 PM.
                    Betty

Comment

To early to cancel the hurricane party but it now appears the worst will pass 150 or more miles from me. We should only get some of the outer rain bands.
                      Scott
                      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

We are thankful for any blessings.
                        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Hope everyone has made it through ok. Rolf, what about your stepson? Scott? We are supposed to get some rain today and possibly tomorrow. Depends on what forecast you look at.
                          Betty

Comment

Betty,
                            He is fine. There is some flooding of the Tar river but it did not reach him.
                            Rolf

Comment

Happy to hear that. I guess you got the storms that passed through here during the night. Hope you didn’t have any problems.
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dan A
                                Reply to Last weekends wood show
                                Dan A
                                Congratulations, Rolf

Dan
                                Today, 06:15 PM
                              • Rubsterwine
                                Reply to My hegner is chopping thru wood
                                Rubsterwine
                                Thanks guys: The blade is not being pinched. I have parts list and diagram, the bearing on the crank linkage are sealed but I have on order a new linkage with bearings. Yes I oil the bushings every couple of weeks. I thought maybe the screws on the upper clamp might worn to much so I removed the two...
                                Today, 03:48 PM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Reply to Christmas show stuff
                                Sandy Oaks
                                Wow, Tony. Those are amazing. Thanks for showing the glue up.
                                Today, 11:20 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to My hegner is chopping thru wood
                                will8989
                                Check the thumb screw in the upper holder. On the end is a tiny screw that must be perfectly flat. If it’s not it won’t grab the blade properly. I replace mine every few years. The problem this time is with #5 blades. The bottom of the blade is not even and I believe that is my problem. The other...
                                Today, 11:11 AM
                              • handibunny
                                Reply to Christmas show stuff
                                handibunny
                                Thanks, Tony. That's what I thought you'd have to do. Your work is impeccable!
                                Today, 11:00 AM
                              Working...
                              X