Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vgraf
    replied
    Looks great, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Now that’s what I call a deck!!!! I’m with Carole, when’s the party?🍻

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Looks terrific! So when's the party?

Leave a comment:

• mtwoodguy
    replied
    Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• tgiro01
    replied
    Originally posted by will8989 View Post
    Any updates on the deck?
    Funny you should ask

All construction is done except for screens and gutters/rainspouts. The screens are custom made so after this work was done, they took measurements and sent them off. Takes 2 - 3 weeks for screens to be made.

The gutter contractor can't get here until 4 September, so I had to do a little redneck engineering to get water away from the house during thunderstorms.

Wife & daughter are scouring the web looking for "appropriate" patio furniture.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Any updates on the deck?

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    I’ve never heard sweet and Betty in the same sentence except from my mother.

Leave a comment:

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    Love Trex....usually holds up great in the sun, from we've experienced over the past 5 years in Phoenix. Your closed in deck looks like it's coming along smashingly!

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Oh my, I'm totally speechless. I don't often hear "sweet" and "Carole" in the same sentence.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Carole, that is because you are so sweet.

Leave a comment:

• handibunny
    replied
    Looks like something you'll really enjoy using. And screens are such a great idea--I don't last more than a few minutes on our patio before the bugs start in.

Leave a comment:

• tgiro01
    replied
    Progress - tomorrow shingles and then they start making it pretty. Screens won't be here for another 2 - 3 weeks.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    I had treated wood decks on 2 houses and I too have given up on any exposed wood on any exterior surface. We even have the brick molding on our service doors covered with aluminun extrusions. When our contractor asked what size decks we wanted I said none, I want patios.

Your deck being enclosed and with a roof will be a somewhat different story. Good luck and thanks for showing us the progress.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    We gave up on wood decking and did pavers, . You should have no issues since you will be closing it in. The Trex was a good choice, worth the investment.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Party? I'm in.

You are wise to pay for Trex. The pressure treated wood these days will not hold up like the stuff made 20 plus years ago. I built a deck 8 years ago and last year I replace a couple boards due to rot and I have a few more to replace this year.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X