Washington, D.C.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington, D.C.

Anyone here from Washington, D.C, northern Virginia, southern Maryland areas? I'm interested in getting together for swap talks, etc.

There is a guy, his handle is Wdkits. He is in Richmond,Va. I live on the NC/VA border just West of I-95. Betty is near Baltimore,MD. She is Will8989.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

My husband b longs to Annapolis Woodworkers guild. They meet 2nd Thursday of the month. Outstanding club with 100+ members, lots of outstanding scrollsawers. Annapoliswoodworkers.org for info. You are allowed one free visit before you have to join. Tomorrow speaker is from the Foundery in Baltimore. Sept is bandsaw box making. If that’s too far, check for local woodworker guilds. There’s an awesome wood shop in Chantilly, Va, he may know of some. If you decide to go on Thursday, allow plenty of travel time. It takes my husband 1 hour to get there and 25 minutes to get home. Good luck.
      Last edited by will8989; 07-11-2018, 09:21 PM.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• strohman
        Reply to Which end is up?
        strohman
        I did indeed have the blade in upside down. I was using some Bosch blades that I picked up from Lowes.
        On Friday I got some Olsen blades in the mail. I hadn't ever seen any blades this thin. It was a bit of a struggle seeing the teeth, but I was able to feel the top and bottom of the blade...
        Today, 09:49 PM
      • Trackman
        Reply to Fall Issue #72
        Trackman
        I too wish the best for Mindy!
        Today, 07:11 PM
      • Kiwi
        Reply to Jaguar
        Kiwi
        It is a pattern from Neal Moore's book "Wildlife Portraits in Wood." He has some other interesting designs in that book and gives full instructions on how best to make each project.

Each of the pattern parts are cut from a piece of 12mm plywood. Then they are stained their respective...
        Today, 05:32 PM
      • leehljp
        Reply to Fall Issue #72
        leehljp
        I received mine yesterday but didn't get to look through until this (Sunday) afternoon. Carole had another great article in it. This one was on a Dice Tower.

When looking at the dice tower, I didn't notice the author until I was the next page and I looked back. It was Carole!
        Today, 03:45 PM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to Jaguar
        Sandy Oaks
        Very well done. Can you show a side view to get a feel for the depth?
        Today, 12:16 PM
      Working...
      X