A Parrot with Passengers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Parrot with Passengers

Around 4 years ago, we were in Texas, visiting my oldest son. I noticed, in his back yard, that he had a parrot, made from an old golf cart tire, with some flowers in it. I thought it looked pretty neat and told his wife that. About two months after we got back home, a box arrived, from Texas, with one of those parrots in it. The moral of the story being - don't tell your kids you like something - or you may get one.

Anyway, I have dutifully loaded the thing with flowers every spring and send them a picture. This year, Mother Nature blessed us with an addition. Looks like, these past few rainy days, the robins have been busy. When I went to water this morning, I found my parrot has passengers. So aside from our coming and goings - which are normally through the garage doors, the front porch is off-limits for a few weeks.
    Attached Files
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

So that's where the term "robin's blue" comes from! Enjoy the new additions to your family.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

i like the blue eggs also.
      ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Uh-oh - the passengers are awake and they are hungry.

ATTENTION - All Flight Attendants to the Main Cabin! It's feeding time!
        Attached Files
        Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Cute story and a great addition to the flowers.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That is an awesome picture!
            AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X