A Parrot with Passengers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Parrot with Passengers

Around 4 years ago, we were in Texas, visiting my oldest son. I noticed, in his back yard, that he had a parrot, made from an old golf cart tire, with some flowers in it. I thought it looked pretty neat and told his wife that. About two months after we got back home, a box arrived, from Texas, with one of those parrots in it. The moral of the story being - don't tell your kids you like something - or you may get one.

Anyway, I have dutifully loaded the thing with flowers every spring and send them a picture. This year, Mother Nature blessed us with an addition. Looks like, these past few rainy days, the robins have been busy. When I went to water this morning, I found my parrot has passengers. So aside from our coming and goings - which are normally through the garage doors, the front porch is off-limits for a few weeks.
    Attached Files
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

So that's where the term "robin's blue" comes from! Enjoy the new additions to your family.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

i like the blue eggs also.
      ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Uh-oh - the passengers are awake and they are hungry.

ATTENTION - All Flight Attendants to the Main Cabin! It's feeding time!
        Attached Files
        Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Cute story and a great addition to the flowers.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

That is an awesome picture!
            AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
              Reply to Local craft fair very disappointing.
              NC Scroller
              Sad but seeing this trend more and more. I think there are several reasons. In general fewer people are interested in hand crafted goods made by local artists. They see what they like and buy it no matter if I was hand crafted locally or commercially produced. Second the made overseas stuff is cheaper...
              Today, 07:43 AM
            • WynnD
              Reply to Confused "newbie", here!
              WynnD
              The set screw Carole mentioned is opposite the blade tightening knob. She is correct the screws will make the blade be off center. I had only one problem with the DW. There is a fitting on the end oif the motor arm. Mine came loose and made a racket. I followed the video you mentioned and it was very...
              Today, 06:40 AM
            • handibunny
              handibunny
              Start by retracting the set screw fully on both upper and lower clamps, then turn them each the same amount until they have protruded enough to grab the blade when you tighten the thumb screw. If for some reason the blade is still not completely perpendicular, adjust them until it is. Should not be...
              Today, 06:08 AM
            • will8989
              Reply to Local craft fair very disappointing.
              will8989
              A lot of fairs in this area are going back to the way it used to be meaning you need to submit pictures of your work and some equipment. A lot of promoters are also visiting craft shows and talking to vendors and asking them to apply for their show. this is my 3rd year at the howard county 3 day show...
              Today, 12:12 AM
            • cwmagee
              cwmagee
              If my memory is correct you have a set screw on the left side of blade clamp and the thumb screw on the right side on both upper and lower blade clamps. If you do not adjust both set screws so they are the same (just proud of blade clamp slot), your blade will not be square.
              Yesterday, 10:01 PM
            Working...
            X