Well, that was scary.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that was scary.

Had the windows open last night and smelled smoke. It got so bad I had to close the windows. On the hill behind our house is a catholic charities apartment building for senior citizens. Bruce insisting the smoke was a firepit. I told him he was nuts, smoke too thick for a fire pit. Then we hear a high pitched noise. It was an outside fire alarm going off. Pretty soon there were about 15 firetrucks, ambulances and police cars going to the apartments. The fire was on the end directly behind our house. Luckily they were able to put it out quickly. The problem is, there are about 10 sixty feet+ oak trees at the top of our hill, our hill with more trees, leaves, etc., and the trees at the bottom of the hill. One catches fire and we are in trouble. On the bright side, the fire hydrant on our street is on our property!
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Well glad it was not too serious Betty. Glad everyone is fine.

DW
    Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
    John Wayne

Comment

That sure would be scary. I can't imagine.
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Hi Betty - I'm pleased to hear that the fire didn't reach your property.

Having read about, or seen on the news, or seen physically whilst traveling not too far away from my office in northern LA so many instances of homes being completely destroyed this past 12 months by fires, I just can't imagine how folks can deal with these situations.

I hope that none of the senior citizens were injured in the blaze.
        Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Scary in any terms. The good news is would be very hard to ignite living oak trees. I have seen them take a direct lightning strike and only have the bark blown off. Now pine trees are a different animal.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

True Scott, but there lots of dead trees and a wooded fence 15 feet from our property line that would cause a problem. Not to mention all the dead leaves. But everything is fine.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• octoolguy
              Reply to Spiral Basket
              octoolguy
              I've watched many of Alex Fox's videos. You did a fine job on this one. I will have to give it a try....
              Today, 03:02 PM
            • mowerman1193
              Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
              mowerman1193
              Hmm, I read on another message board that the thumb screws are the same size.. and they said they used their screws they had from their old clamp because they had bought some special steel ones with a knurled knob.. so I guess I would assume the screws would work.. then I also read where the only difference...
              Today, 02:48 PM
            • bhenr99
              Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
              bhenr99
              I called suppliers of the Pegas blade holder and none of them could answer if parts were available.I asked mainly for the tip replacement on the thumb screw.
              Today, 08:27 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Great Poplar
              Rolf
              Beautiful colors it is a shame that it doesn't stay that way.
              Today, 08:18 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Lowes Picking up Craftsman Hand Tools
              Rolf
              I was never a fan of Craftsman power tools. I always though they were for "homeowner duty" and for most normal usage they are great. For heavy duty usage I go with higher end brands. My dad was a big fan. The only Craftsman tools I used heavily and still do are the mechanical ones, wrenches...
              Today, 08:09 AM
            Working...
            X