Sawmill Saw 2, Bruce VERY lucky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawmill Saw 2, Bruce VERY lucky

The blade got his first 2 fingers on left hand. First finger is rather chewed up but hard head didn't want to get it checked out or call his doctor for an antibiotic. Second finger is scratched along whole finger. Ripped his glove apart. He said it was his fault. He went to grab the board coming out from the blade and it kicked back pulling his hand with it. Did I say he was left handed? Good thing we're going to Texas as he couldn't do anything anyway for a week!!! What's that song he sings to me - I fought the saw and the saw won? LOL
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Oh no Betty - that's not good! Glad it wasn't worse but I would encourage him to have it checked and get an antibiotic "just in case" - especially since you will be traveling out of state! Definitely sounds like the saw won but glad it didn't win completely and he still has his fingers/hand!
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

So sorry Betty. Take care of Bruce. Through the years of cabinet making, my dad lost several fingers.
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

You and Bruce have my sympathy. Any hurt isn't worth a laugh, although Bruce has a very good attitude.
        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

He won't go to the Dr. At least there is a clinic by my daughter.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Glad he wasn't hurt worse. I hope he does not get an infection as he could lose fingers. I can not understand why people avoid the doctor with such an injury.

Comment

Wow not good, hope all is well with your trip, RJ
              Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Ouch! Sounds like history repeating itself, unfortunately. 😰😰😰😰

Seriously, at the very least he needs to use a topical antibiotic, and if you can hog tie him and drag him to a medical facility, so much the better. I think some things, like health, are worth throwing tantrums to protect, if necessary. We've become wusses about things like this, and don't care if anyone thinks we're making too much of something.
                Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

WOW!!! Thank God. It could have been a lot worse.
                  Scott
                  Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Just the thought of it gives me the hebbies. If I did that and refused a doctor June would give me an additional injury that would require surgical removal of a foot in my butt
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

He did buy the medical superglue to use. And he is up to date on his tetanus shot. So far so good. We passed Texas Mefical on our way to Sarah's so we'll go there if we have to. RJ, the weather is beautiful here. Supposed to get hot on Tuesday when we leave for home.
                      Betty

Comment

Glad to see that Bruce is doing better, after all he has cabinets to finish, LOL. Yes I like this weather, enjoy your visit, RJ
                        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

RJ are you off Culebra or Galm road? This weather is the best I've ever had here.! Getting lots of playtime outside with the grandkids.
                          Betty

Comment

We are off of calubra across from new high school, in Kallison ranch development, when are you going back, How's Bruce's hand ? RJ
                            Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

We are at the airport now. Spent the entire time with the kids. The weather was perfect. We rode past the school on Sunday. Amazing how fast that went up. My daughter is about 5 miles down Talley Rd from the school. I am hoping to come back in January so maybe we can meet for lunch then. Bruce's hand is fine it's his driving that had me scared!!!
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X