R.I.P. Fran

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Fran

Some of the older members on this forum will remember Fran, a really nice if sometimes hornery Texas lady who was an accomplished scroller and often participated in some of the challenges I put up in the Intarsia section in what seems now like the dim and distance past.

Fran has been suffering from respiratory problems for the past 3 years which was initially diagnosed as an allergy to certain types of woods she used and which put her out of her workshop for a long, long time. Just when it seemed she was improving she had a relapse and after several months of struggle she sadly past away this past Sunday.

Thanks to another one of our older members, Jan, I received this news tonight.

Its a very sad reason to write a post but I wanted to share this with the board members who new this lovely lady.

R.I.P. Fran
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Jim thanks for sharing the news. I miss a lot of the old timers. Please if you have a way to contact the family please express our deep sorrow.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Fran will be greatly missed and she is in my thoughts today.

Tell Jan she is still welcome to come by every now and then.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

It is sad news to hear about Fran. I was going through some old postings and remembered some of the people who use to post a lot.

Comment

That is an old friend from the past. As the others have said if you have a connection please relay our heart felt condolences to her family.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks for the post Jim, our hearts go out to her family. Yea, we sure did have some fun around here, and Fran was a big part of it.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

I am one of the old timers here and it is sad to hear of friends passing. Thanks Jim for passing this along. Condolences to the family.
              Denny
              ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

I'm sorry to see this...thanks Jim

Trout 😞

Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

So sorry to see this. I also miss a lot of the old timers. Perhaps if you see them on other boards you can convince them to return. This is the only board I do, otherwise, I'd never get anything
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I don't consider myself an old-timer to this forum by any stretch - but I well remember Fran as a prolific and very transparent poster - one that always wore her heart, and her life, on her sleeve. I am so sorry to read about her passing and would pass on my sincere condolences to her family, her friends and her followers on this forum - she made a great contribution to this forum - she has been, and will continue to be, sorely missed.

Jay
                    Last edited by RangerJay; 06-15-2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all for your kind words. I´ll pass them on to Jan and hopefully they will get back to Fran´s friend Ruby.

Jim
                      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                      - Albert Einstein

Comment

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to Fran's friends and family.
                        Janette
                        www.square-designs.com

Comment

It's a while since I've posted on here but I do look in from time to time. I remember Fran with fondness and was very sad to hear of her passing. My condolences go out to her family and friends
                          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X