Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new toys from Santa?

Just wondering what Santa brought.
    I found a new LED magnifier, 5 diopter (2.25 magnification) and new ear protection with blue tooth. June will be able to call me by phone on it and not startle me.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Very cool. You must've been a good boy this year. 😄

I'm waiting for my new brad point bit set, but Santa wouldn't order it from Lee Valley until he got the free shipping coupon.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I got a whole slew of clamps and gift cards to Woodcraft.

DW.
      Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
      John Wayne

Comment

We're redoing our kitchen. Bruce is building the cabinets. Tearing out to studs. The quartz counter top I want is $75 sq ft. Already got the appliances. Lowes had a 24 month same as cash sale and with Bruce's military discount got it all for $3200. My budget is $10,000 for everything, new carpeting for living room, hallway if I can squeeze it out. So I guess that's where my "toy" money is going.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Santa renewed my subscription to the magazine. My son gave me his first high school shop project. It's a small cabinet that now sits downstairs. It's not perfect but for his first try I think it looks good. Brady also found a detail sander at the local pawn shop. There was no owners manual and some searching on the internet shows that it's a discontinued item. The sanding pads are held on by velcro. Not sure if I can find them here but I did find some instructions on how to make your own. Still searching for an owners manual.

Dan

Comment

Definitely not a shop accessory but I got a bottle of 16 year old scotch.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Not a toy, but gift card to the local hardwood store! Decisions, decisions!
              ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

Carole being a good boy does not come naturally to me. Some really great gifts. Dan your sons first shop project is priceless, We still have my stepsons stool that he made in shop class. Regarding the sander I bought the cloth backed sandpaper roll from Klingspore and cut my own much cheaper than the pre-cut one. What sander is it maybe one of us has it and can get a copy of the manual for you.

Scotch for Scott, has a nice ring to it. A soothing sip after a tough day in the shop. What a blessed life we have.
                Rolf

Comment

Good morning,
                  i got a new jet saw, and echo to tell what time to get us, etc. RJ
                  Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Got a 13" planer, a new Dremel c/w extension cable and work stand it will come handy in the shop

Comment

Dan, I still have two boxes that my older son made for me in JHS. He's now 37, and the boxes have stood the test of time. They were lucky to have talented shop teachers who weren't afraid to let the kids use a bandsaw, after showing what it could do to a dowel. Wonder if they still allow it?
                      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Well, the door on Brady's project sticks at the top. He told me I could try and fix it but I told him I'm going to leave it just like it is. It's very sturdy and sits nicely on the floor in the basement and now holds some of my tools that are in cases and paint bottles on top.

Rolf, the instructions I found yesterday sound similar to what you are suggesting. It said to find a shirt or some such and see if it sticks to the velcro. If it does it said to get different grits, spray the back of the sandpaper with glue and glue them to the cloth and then cut them to size.

The sander is called a Coleman Powermate, Model number, PMD8145. It is battery operated.

I got a little side tracked after that. A bad ice storm went thru where my in-laws live. We haven't been able to get thru since Christmas Eve. The last she talked to them her brother said the power was flickering on and off and he was on his way to the basement to turn the generator on. Ever since then all we get is a busy signal. And no one there has a cell phone.

We are expecting sub zero temps next week, maybe someone will share the scotch?

Carole, I'll have to ask Brady if there's a bandsaw in shop class.

He did give the plans to the cabinet just in case I want to build another one. I told him I was happy with the one I got.

Dan
                        Last edited by Dan A; 12-27-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Dan I hope all is well with your in laws!

Check this out , I use this stuff on my Sand Flee and cut it up for my Fein oscillating sander. http://www.woodworkingshop.com/categ...=HOOK+%26+LOOP
                          Rolf

Comment

Well, Glenda talked to her brother this AM it sounds like they are ok but don't have any running water. If I do this right there should be a picture attached of the ice they had up there over the weekend. We also had rain here for most of Christmas day. I can't say I ever remember it just raining here usually it's just snow and high wind. We were treated to a double rainbow after the rain moved on.

Dan Ice.jpgrainbow.jpg

Comment

Got a new Rikon slow-speed grinder from Woodcraft. It will replace the PC grinder that has the noisy bearings.
                              Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
                                by will8989
                                Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. 🤪 We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is “temporarily...
                                Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                by Jim McDonald
                                My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and...
                                Yesterday, 07:07 PM
                              • Redlee
                                Hello all, new here.
                                by Redlee
                                New here and looking for some help and guidance on scroll work and saws.
                                I have a Hegner M25S and have recently made some upgrades and would like to improve the blade clamping. So looking for ideas and help.
                                Thanks
                                Yesterday, 05:54 PM
                              • Ralph123
                                Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
                                by Ralph123
                                I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
                                Yesterday, 02:05 PM
                              • meflick
                                by meflick
                                Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
                                Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                              Working...
                              X