Toothed grinder wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toothed grinder wheel

Hi, I am tring to find a 4-5 inch grinder wheel with chainsaw teeth on it, for carving bowls in burls and the like. Can anybody help me? If so, thanks a lot.

Re: Toothed grinder wheel

Yup, try the Lancelot wood carving discs. they come in 4' diameter chain-style circular cutters in 14 and 22 tooth selections and arbor sizes 1/2 and 5/8. they list for $38.99

there is also an Arbortech disc for around $105. Haven't tried this one, but the Lancelot works great.

I think they have a website at www.woodcraft.com, but I'm not sure. These are in several catalogs, but this is the only one I can find right now.

Al

Comment

Mbob, I have to suggest you think about the arbortech wheels. The one to getwould be the one with the replaceable carbide teeth. It is a little more but you get far better performance, and if you are going to work in burls there wont be as much time sharpening. They even have an attachment for a 4 inch grinder that is an extension arm with a 2' disc that gets in those tight spots great.
      I Cut It Six Times And It's Still Too Short!!!

Comment

Don't even think about anything that doesn't have carbide teeth ... it costs more, but the ease and quality of the cut is so much better it's not even worth talking about.

Comment

I am using the Lancelot as well as the Arbortech blades and I certainly prefer the Arbortech since there is VERY little kickback and the wood stays very smoth and you can get the sanding disk for the tool as well it comes in very handy
          hope this helps
          Agkubas

Comment

These tools work great for quick removal of wood. I have the Lancelot and another similar tool. Just remember SAFETY!!! Just a second of not thinking almost cost me 2 fingers. I ended up in surgery to re-attach some tendons. I will still use these tools but CAREFULLY and never tired or rushed.

Comment

These tools work great for quick removal of wood. I have the Lancelot and another similar tool. Just remember SAFETY!!! Just a second of not thinking almost cost me 2 fingers. I ended up in surgery to re-attach some tendons. I will still use these tools but CAREFULLY and never tired or rushed. TonyB

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Linda In Phoenix
                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                Today, 06:47 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                Today, 06:38 PM
              • Jim Finn
                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                by Jim Finn
                The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                Today, 04:48 PM
              • MidMich324
                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                by MidMich324
                Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                Today, 03:57 PM
              • RJweb
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by RJweb
                As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                Today, 03:42 PM
              Working...
              X