Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: This Basswood thing?

Thanks, OMA - I'm happy to join Women with Knives :-) My husband says he's moving out now, though - that this knife-wielding thing is going too far and he's afraid to go to sleep at night :P

Teri

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic This Basswood thing?

This Basswood thing?

First of all Teri welcome to 'Women with knifes' I am familiar with your carvings and your sense of humor BOTH are great.
    I am also a friend of Pine and Butternut 'but not Basswood' I use what ever I find in the woods I have not bought anything so far , Butternut is o.k. to carve it can be stringe but since I only use powertools I can handle it, to finish it ? I do not paint at all since I love any color of the woods I use. it depends entirely on the color of the wood if I want to have clarity and no color change I use a waterbased poly 2-3- coats and buff it out and wax it at the end ,I do the same if I use any other varnish or poly , I hope this answers some of the questions on this board???

'OMA' agkubas

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
    Reply to Peanuts #1
    by Sandy Oaks
    I agree with Scott, very impressive.
    Today, 11:34 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Peanuts #1
    by Rolf
    Is this a freehand cut? Or do you have a pattern that you overlay?
    Today, 09:21 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Spring Issue
    by Rolf
    Don I agree to have the digitized patter would be great. But it is just as challenging to print a pattern that is bigger than the letter size printers that most folks have at home. How would you print them? When I was still working I had access to huge "E" size printers. Scanning was still...
    Today, 09:15 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Needed a fix
    by Rolf
    Now if you were Local competition I would keep all sorts of ideas from you.. All kidding aside CA glue is a staple in my shop, not just for fixing stuff that I break but as preemptive strike against cracks when I do some bowl turning. The thin CA really penetrates into the wood (and fingers) I...
    Today, 09:02 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Peanuts #1
    by NC Scroller
    Very impressive.
    Today, 07:33 AM
Working...
X