Schrade 340T's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Schrade 340T's

I glanced at the schrades again and this time was 19.95 for the 340T? (first time was 14.95). Maybe I will wait til Friday and see what happens at our wallyworld :

Comment

I just looked at the scharade webb site
      it is still up and says the company celebrating 100 year in 2004

http://www.schradeknives.com/index.htm

Comment

http://www.schradeknives.com/index.htm[/quote]

While the site is still up it is the sad truth that Imperial Schrade closed it's doors on July 30th 2004 leaving 250 workers looking for jobs.

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/new...=461&rfi=9

Comment

I live in a small town in western TN and we have a hardware store down on the Court Square that is the oldest continuously operating hardware store in TN and probably the US. It is an amazing old time place. They just announced they were closing due to competition from Wal-mart and Lowes. He is the oldest Case Knife Dealer in the US and everything in the store goes on sale after Thanksgiving at 20% off. I am going to go snag one of those Case carving knives......just what I need, another carving knife. :P

Comment

thats too bad! Those old hardware stores were a great piece of Americana....I really hate to see them go...besides...you could always find what you needed in them :-[

Comment

I used to work in one of those old time hardwares, and you are right,they were a piece of Americana, and in a way it is a shame to see them fade into obscurity, but the craftsmen who were their main clientelle have been rplaced by CAD-CAM, computerized machinery that just dont require that type of supply any longer. Can't say if it's all for the better or worse, but I miss the old style service we used to give.. My old boss knew more about more than anyone I'VE EVER MET!

Al

Comment

The Schrade Old Timer knives all have high carbon 1095 steel blades which is excellent.

The Schrade Uncle Henry are all stainless steel which is adequate but IMHO not as good for holding an edge.

Regards,
                FK

Comment

:-[ Well, I went down to the Old Hardware Store and evidently everyone heard about his pocket knife sale. Not much left when I got there. Not that I would have bought anything...he marked everything up 20% and then took 20% off! I found my old Schrade 340T and honed and stropped it up like new and didn't spend a dime.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X