Schrade 340T's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schrade 340T's

Just got back from a trip to town and Wal-Mart. They have Schrade 340T's for $12.00 (acutally 11.9 something). Got two of them while they are still available

Re: Schrade 340T's

Good price for a decent pocketknife. Just may have to take a trip to Wallyworld tomorrow.
    Humor Heals

Comment

I just read that as of August 1st Shrade closed their doors.
      Humor Heals

Comment

That's why I bought two of 'em. Didn't need 'em have at least three old timer's plus who knows how many others, but get 'em while you can.

Comment

Is this a single blade? How long is it?

Comment

They are a 3 blade medium stockman open length with clip blade about 6' closed a little under 3 1/2'.

Comment

I went to our local wallyworld, they had the old timer 340T....and wanted 14.95 for it? guess it costs to live in the west?? :

Comment

$19.95 at our Wal-Mart. No knife sales now. Was told maybe in a couple weeks.
                Humor Heals

Comment

Same here in Florida, $19.95. Very rarely have sales on knives here.

Comment

Is it really true that scrade really closed for good? :'(
                    "A knifeless man is a lifeless man"&&-old Nordic proverb

Comment

It is listed at 14.95in this part of florida.But they were out of stock.They have a different model for 19.95 .The Swiss army knives hold an edge pretty well. Have one for 30 yrs.

Comment

[/quote]

Yes it is. :'(
                        As a fan and avid collector of Imperial/Schrade/Old Timer/Uncle Henry pocketknives I will now have to work harder to complete my collection before the prices start to rise. I got three Old Timers and a Schrade last week on closeout at my local farm supply store.

Comment

On www.knifecountry.com
                          http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeeeill/

Comment

Mikeg,
                            The Old Timer S-44OT Stockman 4 Blade is an old favorite for carving. Schrade discontinued the knive some years ago and then made another run of 44-OT knives about 2-3 years ago.
                            You found a gem at a great price, high carbon steel blades that will hold a great edge. You must reprofile the factory secondary bevel before enjoying the knife completely.

Regards,
                            Fred Krow

Comment

Was told that on Black Friday, Wallyworld will be reducing the price and unloading their stock. Woodcraft already has the price reduced.

Question: If I can't get both or three at the same place should I pick the Shrade Old Timer Middleman, 2 and 3 blade, or the Shrade Uncle Henry 3 blade. I am tempted to jump on the Shrades now as I fear they will be gone.

Also Woodcraft has their Japanese Carving knives reduced from 19.99 to 9.99.

Mind you I totally despise shopping the day after Thanksgiving and my strong stable marriage can only survive one general shopping location. And my wife has to literally drag me out of Woodcraft.

Thanks Ken
                              Humor Heals

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                                Reply to Scroll Saw Shells
                                by Quartz43
                                I would not use regular plywood but Baltic Birch is different. On Steve Garrisons Facebook page someone posted a shell with either Baltic Birch or something like Spectraply. I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of tearing or splintering with either cutting or sanding.

Using solid...
                                Today, 09:09 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to countdown for Bruce.
                                by will8989
                                Bruce took the “zipper”ff today. Yep, the stitches were zipper type. When we were packing up at the market Sunday, the coffee vendor asked if we wanted a taste of his chocolate whiskey coffee. We said no thanks. After driving to Annapolis in the truck today to get Elliott, Bruce said he was going...
                                Yesterday, 10:12 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Scroll Saw Shells
                                by will8989
                                I usually don’t use plywood, but I think it works beautifully with these patterns. On my to do list in January.
                                Yesterday, 10:02 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Back in the saddle again
                                by will8989
                                I enlarge and shrink patterns all time. I use rapid resizer. I did locate some scrap wood that would be perfect for the smaller size. I also mad some of the nativity Steve had a week ago. I’m taking stuff to the market for feedback. Of the 11 ornaments I took last week I came home with 3. Guess you...
                                Yesterday, 09:59 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Starting again
                                by will8989
                                And to do something different. I’m trying to schedule part or a whole day to bowl grinding. Of course, we had a 7 year old visitor most of the day as he had a half day today. So much for using the grinder. instead I put a bandaid on a scratch on his elbow so he “wouldn’t bleed to death”. Than...
                                Yesterday, 09:55 PM
                              Working...
                              X