Ryobi tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi tools

Has anybody out there had a bad time with that Co. Over a year ago i had to have a part for my d-c 500 detail carver.Ive called, beged, and sent them the money they requested, but they keep telling me that its on backorder. Does this cover the law as far as making a person wait or what? Im thinking of calling my att.generals office for some advise but i thought id ask anyone on this web site if they have had any bad times with them people. All im asking for a part for the carver and they cannot come up with it. It kind of makes me angry when you buy something and cannot even buy any parts for the darn thing. Can anyone help? Thanks

Re: Ryobi tools

Try Ryobi's forum....you might get some help....

www.ryobitools.com...........good luck

Comment

I thought Ryobi stopped making the detail carver. I see them offered on ebay, and some folks pay more for them used than they sold for new. Ryobi's web site doesn't show the detail carver, so it's a good bet they don't make them and don't care very much about service. Too bad; it's a handy tool that's a lot cheaper than the Automach.

Comment

I had the same problem with Ryoby.Unfortunately they dont make the detail carver anymore and your right,they aren,t very interested in helping you solve your problem.I,m looking for another brand at the moment.I love the carvers.

Comment

I called Ryobi and asked to order new chisels for my carver. I got the same 'backorder' story that you are getting. After awhile, I just gave up, realizing that since they don't make the carver anymore, they really don't care about us who used them. I bought an Automach, and I have to say, I'm glad I did. It carves circles around the Ryobi - it's alot more expensive, but if you do a great deal of carving, certainly worth the expense.

By the way, I finally did get the chisel bits I had ordered from them, just a couple weeks ago. I had already moved on to Flexcut chisels, though. I did try the Ryobi chisels out when I finally got them, but I don't even like them as much as the Flexcut.

Kiss Ryobi goodbye is my advice. There are much better carving tools out there!!

Teri

Comment

Every Ryobi tool I ever owned had bad on-off switches ... I will never buy another Ryobi tool !!

Comment

i don`t have a carver, but i have alot of ryobi tools with no problems.

Comment

Boy I hope the on/off switches ain't a real problem - or I'm gonna go broke buying new ones. Got a bunch of Ryobi tools so far so good.

Comment

'Proxxon' I think is the spelling...they make one and I believe it is about 139.00 more than ryobi, but probably more quality too...and they have an adapter for flex-cut blades, My ryobi is still working but when the time comes will look into this one.

Comment

Correction: $139.00. period costs more that ryobi...worded it wrong and looks like is 139.00 more than the ryobi...sorry about that, will learn english some day.

Comment

Warren Tools makes a shaft driven tool that can be used either with a recip head or a rotary head for a bout $129.00. I haven't seen this tool, but I have had good luck with Warren in the past. ALSO... Paul Miller at 'Knot's Landing' sells a shaft driven tool like this with two heads for under $100.00. He can be reached at <[email protected]>.

Good Luck,
                      The Moonraker

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X