Quickwood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickwood?

???I have been told by several people that the only good wood filler out there now is Quickwood and if memory serves me correctly, it was a Minwax product. Well I can't find the stuff anywhere here (Menards, Home Depot, Walmart, etc). Does anyone know of this product and where it can be found?

Re: Quickwood?

http://www.polymerics.com/SuppliersQuikWood.htm

Comment

Thanks Cliff -- you da man!!!!!! Pam

Comment

Pam, there are other wood fillers that do quite nice a job, also.

I've used plain old Elmer's water based wood filler sucessfully on a number of projects. It is easy to work with, has an extremely low toxicity level, cleans up with plain water and can be smoothed into fillets with a wet finger and small brush.

I've also used the store brand two part epoxy wood fillers from Ace Hardware and True Value for a harder material. These come in a single tube and you just cut off the amount you need and knead the two colors together into a uniform tan shade. it smooths in a little stiffer than the Elmers, but gives a really solid fill. They make several different types; plumbers puty, wood worker's putty and a metal based filler. JB Weld is a similar metal epoxy, but I wouldn't recomend that for carving, as it hardens to a steel like material that can be drilled, machined or filed.

This isn't to put down the Quickwood, as I have heard it is an excellent product. Just that there are others around that work very well.

Al

Comment

Pamela

If you have a lee valley near you they carry quickwood.

Have used it for a number of years (2) and wouldn't go back to anything else.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
            Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
            by Sandy Oaks
            Betty, send me an email of what you want to order rather than the website. Better pricing on repackaged. Email at [email protected]...
            Today, 10:07 AM
          • planeur
            My covid angel
            by planeur
            Hello scrollsaw and sculptor experts !
            I will need your advises to do that drawing (found on the web ), to make it in 3D , with cherry wood. It is a gift for my brother in law, for his messages of encouragement concerning the COVID. and since more than a year.
            I wont tell you the finish...
            Today, 09:38 AM
          • will8989
            “Old Men” at the sawmill
            by will8989
            This letter was received by Kinder Park. Other than 2 volunteers under 45, the ages range from the youngest, Bruce, 72 to 85.

Dear Vice President Rocky

I have the honor to forward to your attention, the logo of the nonprofit Friends of Kinder Farm Park, provided by Mr. Thos....
            Today, 08:32 AM
          • will8989
            Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
            by will8989
            They say great minds think alike. I wanted to order the ones you sent me to try. I’ll be placing an order over the week-end for the #3 double skip and others. Bruce’s free tickets to Dover this week-end for the races may just cost him for leaving me here by myself for 3 days! And I got them in 2...
            Today, 08:23 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Wooden Headstone
            by Rolf
            I re-created a couple of signs that are on the front of our Church. Totally rotted, fortunately the text was literally stuck to the glass and there was a historical paper copy of what was on them. In this case it did not need to be wood so I made the sign part on PVC and used a Cricut to create the...
            Today, 08:23 AM
          Working...
          X