Quickwood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickwood?

???I have been told by several people that the only good wood filler out there now is Quickwood and if memory serves me correctly, it was a Minwax product. Well I can't find the stuff anywhere here (Menards, Home Depot, Walmart, etc). Does anyone know of this product and where it can be found?

Re: Quickwood?

http://www.polymerics.com/SuppliersQuikWood.htm

Comment

Thanks Cliff -- you da man!!!!!! Pam

Comment

Pam, there are other wood fillers that do quite nice a job, also.

I've used plain old Elmer's water based wood filler sucessfully on a number of projects. It is easy to work with, has an extremely low toxicity level, cleans up with plain water and can be smoothed into fillets with a wet finger and small brush.

I've also used the store brand two part epoxy wood fillers from Ace Hardware and True Value for a harder material. These come in a single tube and you just cut off the amount you need and knead the two colors together into a uniform tan shade. it smooths in a little stiffer than the Elmers, but gives a really solid fill. They make several different types; plumbers puty, wood worker's putty and a metal based filler. JB Weld is a similar metal epoxy, but I wouldn't recomend that for carving, as it hardens to a steel like material that can be drilled, machined or filed.

This isn't to put down the Quickwood, as I have heard it is an excellent product. Just that there are others around that work very well.

Al

Comment

Pamela

If you have a lee valley near you they carry quickwood.

Have used it for a number of years (2) and wouldn't go back to anything else.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
            Reply to Work in Progress. What is with FOX publishing?
            by Rolf
            John your original post is a valid question. It is a simple thing to put in the original scale assuming that it was on the original drawing. As a minimum the size of the material required can be stated, although that has been a confusion for folks that have built the clock projects. I field a lot of...
            Today, 09:22 AM
          • Quartz43
            by Quartz43
            Maybe nothing has changed ? But is there anything that can be done to make it easier. The very large projects are difficult to copy over several pages and put together properly. I believe in making improvements and not preserving the status quo.

I enjoy the challenge of cutting a project...
            Yesterday, 08:48 PM
          • keystonecop
            by keystonecop
            This is not a problem with the magazine for my issue.. It is a problem with the book having resized the drawings without giving the actual size.

I do again apologize for my post.. I cannot use the right words to explain it.. so maybe someone should just remove the post....
            Yesterday, 07:29 PM
          • markdavd
            by markdavd
            Reading these replies, I am still trying to figure out what the problem really is. I haven't noticed changes in how they publish recently and I don't think I ever had trouble making copies of of the patterns I want to cut.

How did you copy the patterns 10 years ago? What has changed?...
            Yesterday, 06:43 PM
          • Quartz43
            by Quartz43
            I am very glad to hear this and that Fox will look into the issue. Hopefully, they can do some things to try to make it easier to copy patterns.
            Yesterday, 06:34 PM
          Working...
          X