Quickwood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickwood?

???I have been told by several people that the only good wood filler out there now is Quickwood and if memory serves me correctly, it was a Minwax product. Well I can't find the stuff anywhere here (Menards, Home Depot, Walmart, etc). Does anyone know of this product and where it can be found?

Re: Quickwood?

http://www.polymerics.com/SuppliersQuikWood.htm

Comment

Thanks Cliff -- you da man!!!!!! Pam

Comment

Pam, there are other wood fillers that do quite nice a job, also.

I've used plain old Elmer's water based wood filler sucessfully on a number of projects. It is easy to work with, has an extremely low toxicity level, cleans up with plain water and can be smoothed into fillets with a wet finger and small brush.

I've also used the store brand two part epoxy wood fillers from Ace Hardware and True Value for a harder material. These come in a single tube and you just cut off the amount you need and knead the two colors together into a uniform tan shade. it smooths in a little stiffer than the Elmers, but gives a really solid fill. They make several different types; plumbers puty, wood worker's putty and a metal based filler. JB Weld is a similar metal epoxy, but I wouldn't recomend that for carving, as it hardens to a steel like material that can be drilled, machined or filed.

This isn't to put down the Quickwood, as I have heard it is an excellent product. Just that there are others around that work very well.

Al

Comment

Pamela

If you have a lee valley near you they carry quickwood.

Have used it for a number of years (2) and wouldn't go back to anything else.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• sawdustus
            Reply to compoud cut autumn leaves
            by sawdustus
            Thanks for the info Denny. When I cut acrylic I always use a skip tooth blade at a slower speed. I just did not realize that the epoxy would cut the same way as acrylic so I followed the materials list in the article.
            George
            Today, 12:39 PM
          • sawdustus
            Reply to tooth fairy box
            by sawdustus
            OK folks, picture. I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here is one each of my version of the oak and cherry boxes. Note the axle peg holding the top in place but allowing it to move.
            George
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Today, 12:34 PM
          • sawdustus
            Reply to compoud cut autumn leaves
            by sawdustus
            OK folks, picture....I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here are a few of the autumn leaves I cut against the beautiful blue sky we had this morning.
            George
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Today, 12:32 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to What do you make
            by will8989
            Now the work really begins. Total of 14! Guess I forgot about some I previously cut....
            Yesterday, 10:09 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Pegas blades
            by will8989
            Thanks. No hurry I have 2 gross. Hopefully it will as just a few blades.
            Yesterday, 10:03 PM
          Working...
          X