Quickwood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickwood?

???I have been told by several people that the only good wood filler out there now is Quickwood and if memory serves me correctly, it was a Minwax product. Well I can't find the stuff anywhere here (Menards, Home Depot, Walmart, etc). Does anyone know of this product and where it can be found?

Re: Quickwood?

http://www.polymerics.com/SuppliersQuikWood.htm

Comment

Thanks Cliff -- you da man!!!!!! Pam

Comment

Pam, there are other wood fillers that do quite nice a job, also.

I've used plain old Elmer's water based wood filler sucessfully on a number of projects. It is easy to work with, has an extremely low toxicity level, cleans up with plain water and can be smoothed into fillets with a wet finger and small brush.

I've also used the store brand two part epoxy wood fillers from Ace Hardware and True Value for a harder material. These come in a single tube and you just cut off the amount you need and knead the two colors together into a uniform tan shade. it smooths in a little stiffer than the Elmers, but gives a really solid fill. They make several different types; plumbers puty, wood worker's putty and a metal based filler. JB Weld is a similar metal epoxy, but I wouldn't recomend that for carving, as it hardens to a steel like material that can be drilled, machined or filed.

This isn't to put down the Quickwood, as I have heard it is an excellent product. Just that there are others around that work very well.

Al

Comment

Pamela

If you have a lee valley near you they carry quickwood.

Have used it for a number of years (2) and wouldn't go back to anything else.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
            Reply to Communion cross
            by cwmagee
            That is beautiful.

I am chaffing at the bit to get back to the scroll saw, Unfortunately the urban renewal project "Redoing the deck" has taken over all of my time.
            Yesterday, 09:25 PM
          • daveswoodworking
            Comment on 2020 Ornament Exchange
            by daveswoodworking
            Yes I’ll send you the list of names and address to sent to after after the dead line
            Thank you for join the exchange
            Yesterday, 09:24 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Communion cross
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Excellent contrast not only in wood choices (LOVE the bocote), but also 90 degree corners on the bocote and radius corners on the maple. Very nice!
            Yesterday, 08:46 PM
          • vgraf
            Reply to 2020 Ornament Exchange
            by vgraf
            I signed up four four, Will you be sending the list of where to send my ornaments?
            Yesterday, 08:19 PM
          • Trackman
            Reply to Winter issue
            by Trackman
            Got mine in East Central Indiana. Carole has a nice bowl idea an couple of tool reviews
            Yesterday, 07:44 PM
          Working...
          X