where can i find cotton wood ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i find cotton wood ??

hello everybody iam fairly new to carving. i am 18 years old and have been carving for 3 years now! i was wondering where is a good place to find cotton wood and if you could please tell me what to look for. i want to make a wood spirt. if you could help it would be greatly appreciated. thank you
    casey

Re: where can i find cotton wood ??

If you're looking for cottonwood BARK, I've gotten it from Alex Bisso - his email address is [email protected]. He's quick and gets good stuff.

Teri
    "Santas for the Soul" &&Original Carvings by Teri Embrey&&http://www.teriembrey.com&&[email protected]

Comment

Re: where can i find cotton wood ??

Casey, I've bought two different box fulls off ebay, check them out and try bidding, my last box had 8 pieces lengths of 9-14' and I got it for $25.00 thats less than $4.00 each. Goodluck, Bill

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Quartz43
        I understand supporting the magazine and agree. I just do not find many projects that fit my desires.

I would like to see them do a poll with subscribers to find out what type projects people want to see....
        Today, 05:42 AM
      • GladeFade
        Reply to My covid angel
        by GladeFade
        First off how thick is the board you cut?
        When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
        that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
        for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
        Yesterday, 11:05 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Wooden Headstone
        by Linda In Phoenix
        I am stunned at the fact it wasn't rotted or termite destroyed. That must've been one blessed lady. Thank you for what you all are doing!
        Yesterday, 10:43 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to Hard Woods for low $$$
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Pretty boards. Our Walmart didn't have any when I went. Thank you for sharing though.
        Yesterday, 10:41 PM
      • Linda In Phoenix
        Reply to My covid angel
        by Linda In Phoenix
        Looking at the image, I would sand down the clouds a bit on the left (as you're looking at it)....to make it look like the clouds on the right are the closest to you. Then with the clouds to the left being less pronounced it will make it look more like he is sitting on them. Humorous design choice...
        Yesterday, 10:40 PM
      Working...
      X