Wow foot switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow foot switch

I ordered a foot switch from scrollerltd and just got it today amazing no one
    ever said that it worked like this it turned my saw into a sewing saw LOL I thought it turmed it on and off like a switch but it is so much different Wow , The funny thing is I snpped a blade while cutting and turned my saw off by hand before I took my foot off the switch LOL I've gotten to used to working with it that way that I beat my foot to the switch so to speak ,But I love the foot switch what a great idea.Jerry
    Don't worry be scrolling

Originally posted by DukeNukem
    The funny thing is I snpped a blade while cutting and turned my saw off by hand before I took my foot off the switch LOL I've gotten to used to working with it that way that I beat my foot to the switch so to speak
    If you do that just once, I'd be surprised. It takes a little getting used to, but it sure is nice when you do.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Jerry,
      You got the wrong switch. You need the one that turns the saw on when you put your foot on it and stops when taken the foot off.
      I would send it back . You can not do any scroll sawing when you don't have a constant speed.
      Mike
      Last edited by 3_M; 03-26-2007, 06:33 PM.
      SD Mike

Comment

It is a lot easier and quicker than hitting the off switch. Prepare for a heart attack if your shop hound steps on it when you are changing blades.
        My switch works only when my foot is on it. Remove foot, machine stops. No variable speed. Either on or off.
        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
        Jean De La Bruyere...

l
        Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckD
          Prepare for a heart attack if your shop hound steps on it when you are changing blades.
          Thank goodness that has yet to happen!! But the mental picture is priceless!!
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

I have to agree with Mike on this too...the variable speed switch is not good for your saw motor! You need a simple on-off foot switch!!!

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Must have been a miss understanding it does turn it on and off and is not veriable speed it's just that it seems more like a sewing machine LOL. I'm not having to use the hand switch anymore thanks all.Jerry
              Don't worry be scrolling

Comment

I have a bad habit of hitting the switch when I change position to clamp on the bottom of the blade. It never fails to get the adrenalin flowing.
                Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Originally posted by owler
                  I have a bad habit of hitting the switch when I change position to clamp on the bottom of the blade. It never fails to get the adrenalin flowing.
                  I've got mine on an old milking stool. Keeps it off the floor and is more comfortable to me.
                  Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

You can get either switch but I have become used to the "deadman" switch and would not go to an "on/off." I find it speeds up cutting by not fooling with a switch. Note: Guess dyslexia is setting in. I spelled switch wrong every time.

Earl

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by will8989
                      None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                      Today, 12:20 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                      The bags seem easier on the surface.
                      But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                      Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by will8989
                      Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                      Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                    • Sandy Oaks
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                      Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by NC Scroller
                      I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                      Yesterday, 07:42 AM
                    Working...
                    X