Scraper edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraper edge

Can anyone tell me how to get the edge burr on a scraper. I caught the last seconds of a woodworking show just as guy was taking a hair off a table top with a scraper after it had been varnished and dryed in and you could not see where the hair had been. That would have to be handy. I have tried many times and can't make a burr. Any ideas?
    Chuck D ???
    NW Scrollers Picnic
    September 13th

Re: Scraper edge

Chuck;
    I have one of these and it works very well for wood turning scrapers . I would imagine it would work well for a small hand scraper as well. Perhaps you could check further into Lee Valley's site and see if they have a similar product dedicated to hand scrapers.
    http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...ncy=1&SID=

W.Y.

Comment

Thanks Bill, I did find what I was looking for at that site. If anyone else wants one it is http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...ncy=2&SID=
      The price really went down when I realized I was looking at Canadian Dollars and changed it. Thanks again for your help and I got to figure out those smileys you use...
      :

Comment

they get the burr (which is a slight rollover of the edge of the metal) with a steel rod called a burnisher.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to New part for Supermax
          by will8989
          After a day of sanding cardholder strips for SIX hours which should have taken 2, Bruce is trying to square the table again. It didn’t hold square and he could only put one strip in at a time instead of 3 across. Any suggestions? This should not be this hard. I would expect this from a cheap sander...
          Today, 09:48 AM
        • will8989
          Reply to Hegner spares
          by will8989
          At least yours showed up. Mine are still MIA. We’re moving my area around to do some work, so I’m sure they will show up. I feel the same way about parts. In 19 years I have spent approximately $600 in replacing worn out parts. Couldn’t be happier with my Hegner.
          Today, 09:44 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to A Bear In The Woods
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Gorgeous in so many ways!
          Yesterday, 06:24 PM
        • Misouri Wayne
          Reply to Hegner spares
          by Misouri Wayne
          I lost a blade clamp and had to order more. It showed up on the floor about 6 months later, like magic.
          Spare parts for anything can be expensive. Often low volume but it is sure nice to be able to buy parts for a 20 year old machine and not have to scrap it out or jury rig some repair.
          Yesterday, 03:51 PM
        • Misouri Wayne
          Reply to A Bear In The Woods
          by Misouri Wayne
          I'm impressed!
          Yesterday, 03:47 PM
        Working...
        X