unfinished project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unfinished project

I know that this is not a scrolling project but I am so proud of it. It is my first time making furniture and I think it came out pretty good. Not finished yet, still have sanding to do before I apply a finish and he top has to be screwed in place but I am so proud that I wanted to show it off to someone. Just learned how to glue boards together and how to make a drawer.
    Diane
    Attached Files
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

very nice Diane love the wood you've used may be later you can post more detailed pictures, I would really like to see some
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Diane, looks pretty good.
      I'm like Daryl, show us more pictures if you can.

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Looks good Diane, If I am not mistaken this is what the bragging section is for. Not just scrollwork.
        I also would like to see more pictures. Is that a draw on top? Also what wood did you use it has a nice grain and color.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Congratulations Diane! Yes please post some more pics!
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Yes there is a drawer on top and a door on the bottom. I plan to have two shelves on the bottom. Don't know what it will hold yet.
            I used 1x3" pine boards and tried to pick the better ones at the store. Glued them together to make large boards. I built the cabinet with those boards and sanded like crazy to have a nice finish.
            Diane
            Dragon
            Owner of a Dewalt 788
            PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

ya got me beat all to pieces on that one ...I can't build for squat !
              Nice job, you've a right to be proud !
              ...~Robert~
              DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

You've every right to be proud Diane, that is a wonderful project you've done. Congratulations on a job well done.
                kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Looks great, Diane. I'm sure you got a sense of achievement from that.

Only thing I ever built were a couple of different Adirondack chairs last summer - and I was amazed when they worked and looked fine ..lol

There's a problem with one of them though - it's still in the basement! Major learning experience: measure the width of the door out of the basement before you assemble a chair ....
                  Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Because of all the variety of stuff I do in the workshop, I get those pieces of scrap that are too big to toss, yet too small for a project in itself. Go get yourself a small biscuit joiner from Sears or Harbor Freight ($19-29). I have stacks of oak and poplar drawer sides and back pieces I glue together with my biscuit joiner and they make super boards to work with. There really is no such thing as a junk piece of wood. If you can't put them together to make a bigger board, the least they can be is cheap heat for the shop.

Nice job! You gotta be adventurous and work outside the box....
                    Pop
                    Delta 16" 40-530
                    Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

Comment

I borrowed a biscuit joiner from a friend to do this project but when they come on sale I might invest in one.

Ian
                      When I was small...my father decided to build himself a boat with nice cabin. He cut all the pieces and then dry fitted the pieces in our basement. Smart way to do it. He then moved everything to the garage in the back of the house and glued and joined everything together. Painted it and was it nice.
                      Then, when spring came around he decided that it was time to bring it to the country. WELL, he didn't measure the garage door before, SO, they had to tear down the side wall to take it out of there.

Diane
                      Dragon
                      Owner of a Dewalt 788
                      PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

heeheheh lol Diane measure twice and cut once
                        Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl185
                          heeheheh lol Diane measure twice and cut once
                          I never realised this referred to measuring the house though ..lol

Diane - all I can say is i'm glad it's not just me ..
                          Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Now thats a nice cabnet. couldn't have done better myself. makes you feel great , huh. love it. your friend Evie Ps. you just can't beet a bisquit jointer. there great huh. I too have just learned to join wood too. well a couple years but its great. now theres alot to learn there. hope you have lots of pipe clamps. your friend Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X