More Knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Knives

I posted a couple more knives I finished this weekend.

Re: More Knives

Really nice work on those 'cuttin' instruments', Rick! Makes me want to build a few myself. got a heap of yard work for the next couple weeks, though. spring ain't al THAT great!

Al

Comment

Nice job Rick! Are you going to start selling them soon?? Callynne
      http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4055528

Comment

Rick , nice knives and beautiful design.

Could you post a more detailed images of these knives to appreciate with more detail your work?

What steel type do you use?

Saturno&&-----------------------&&Regards from the Galaxy.

Comment

Yeah Rick, I'm with Callynne. Let us know if you want to start selling them. I'd love to have a nice hand made carving knife. Beautiful job.

Chris
          Safety first

Comment

For all you folks who haven't looked; you ought to, they are beautiful pieces of work. GO LOOK!!!

Comment

Glad you like seeing my knives, but I make them in my spare time, so most end up going to carving shows for raffles.

I would be happy to show (in detail) the process of making one if anyone would be interested.

Comment

WELL! I just so happen to have a raffle going! I only have one ticket sold......MINE! lol IWin!

Comment

Rick
                  I for one would really like to see the process used for making knives if they can turn out like the ones you make. Thanks for offering and I am looking forward to seeing your post on this.
                  Daryl

Comment

Rick: Nice looking knives, I agree I would like to see the knife making process step by step.

thanks

steve

Comment

I know I will never, ever make a knife but I'd sure be interested in seeing how it's done! Callynne
                      http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4055528

Comment

I would definately like to see the whole process. Are there any special tools required to make these knives? I would love to make a couple for myself.

I sometimes wish that I had a certain shaped blade while I'm trying to carve something. It would be great to make one up rather than searching for something that may or may not exist!!

Chris
                        Safety first

Comment

Very beautiful work Rick.
                          Looks like I need to spend more time on the handle when I make my next one. I usually spend hours shaping the blade and minutes on the handle.

Good whittlin, Cliff
                          Charles City, Iowa
                          http://cliffordparker.tripod.com

Comment

Okay, I will start photographing the process of making an ebony handled carving knife with a 1-1/2 inch blade.
                            When finished, I will post it on Picturetrail with descriptions of the process.

Comment

I decided to make the handle from Maple burl because lines will not show up well on ebony.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                                Today, 06:47 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                                Today, 06:38 PM
                              • Jim Finn
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by Jim Finn
                                The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
                                Today, 04:48 PM
                              • MidMich324
                                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                                by MidMich324
                                Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
                                Today, 03:57 PM
                              • RJweb
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by RJweb
                                As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
                                Today, 03:42 PM
                              Working...
                              X