Large Carving Vise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Carving Vise

I seem to remember a discussion about carving vises but it looks like it disappeared whenwe lost all of those posts.

Does anyone know where I can find plans or photos of a large vise that I may use for doing woodspirits on a log approx. 10' dia. by 2-3 feet long??

I'd love to hear from anyone who does large carvings to find out how you hold them in place. I've only ever done small carvings.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Safety first

Re: Large Carving Vise

Hi Chris...check out www.geocities.com/dfoxcarving/index.htlm it has a holder for large pieces that may be close to what you are looking for.

Comment

Re: Large Carving Vise

Hi Chris; you may want to check out www.leevalley.com. They have a twin screw vise that I've been using on the end of my bench for about 6 years now. Its a bit of work to retrofit it onto your bench, but it can handle a really big piece of lumber. Check it out. They have a FANTASTIC catalogue that they can send out to you. Its a company out of Ottawa Canada, so remember the prices are in Cdn. $ which is really good for you right now if you live in the U.S. Let us know if you find it, and how it works for you, it works great for me. Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X