Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Circle of lights

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Circle of lights

    sorry about this.
    Last edited by DukeNukem; 02-23-2007, 07:08 AM.
    Don't worry be scrolling

  • #2
    DukeNukem]thanks for the nice coments, my wife bought this pattern from scrollerltd.com I used 1/4" poplar for the base section with a dark stain and 3/4" for the circles I stained with puritan pine stain the only problem was the patterns did'nt match, It's a two sided pattern I made the lower ring a bit larger top circle is off the pattern, The pattern calls for 1/2" for the rings I've called them just to let them know and they're working on it. They are very nice people never expected this but they gave me credit for the pattern,I told them I only called to inform them the pattern was a little off.DukeNukem[QUOTE=Don't worry be scrolling[/QUOTE]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DukeNukem; 02-23-2007, 09:31 AM.
    Don't worry be scrolling

    Comment


    • #3
      Duke,

      Your circle of lights is so beautiful!! How many years do you have to scroll before you can make something that beautiful?

      Terry

      Comment


      • #4
        Very elegant. Super job.
        Mike

        Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

        Comment


        • #5
          I tried to find that pattern on their site but can't. Do you have a product number?
          Mia

          We are the music makers.
          We are the dreamers of dreams.


          Easy scrollin' with a DW788

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by miamw
            I tried to find that pattern on their site but can't. Do you have a product number?
            I'd be interested to know that too Duke. That's a very nice piece.
            Ian

            Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

            Comment


            • #7
              Pattern number is 7162SC. It's listed under Furniture and Household items.
              I was bored this morning so I went through the whole site.
              Fred


              There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Woodbutcher68
                Pattern number is 7162SC. It's listed under Furniture and Household items.
                I was bored this morning so I went through the whole site.
                Thanks Fred - never though of looking on that bit! Do you know what is on the top of the piece - thing that looks like a handle?
                Ian

                Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
                  Thanks Fred - never though of looking on that bit! Do you know what is on the top of the piece - thing that looks like a handle?
                  Yeah, it's an umbrella crank. The item looks as though it was designed to fit in the center of a patio table and allow the umbrella to be set in the middle of the candles. Very cool.

                  Fred, it was smart of you to put another candle there instead of waiting to use it on your patio with the umbrella.
                  Mia

                  We are the music makers.
                  We are the dreamers of dreams.


                  Easy scrollin' with a DW788

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by miamw
                    Yeah, it's an umbrella crank. The item looks as though it was designed to fit in the center of a patio table and allow the umbrella to be set in the middle of the candles. Very cool.

                    Fred, it was smart of you to put another candle there instead of waiting to use it on your patio with the umbrella.
                    Thanks Mia - obvious once you said it ..lol What a neat idea.
                    Ian

                    Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Very nice work
                      Diane
                      Dragon
                      Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                      Owner of a Dewalt 788
                      PuffityDragon on AFSP

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        THanks for all the kind words,ThCube I've only been doing fretwork for about 6 monthsive been using the scroll saw for 2 1/2 years. The pattern says it can be used indoors or out,Mia and Puzzled I'm gonna send you a private message with some more details.Thanks again DukeNukem
                        Don't worry be scrolling

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by miamw
                          Fred, it was smart of you to put another candle there instead of waiting to use it on your patio with the umbrella.
                          Give credit where it's due. DukeNukem made it not me.
                          Fred


                          There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

                          Comment

                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                          Collapse

                          Latest Topics

                          Collapse

                          Working...
                          X