Weird Marks in the snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Marks in the snow

Anyone got any idea what might have made these marks/prints? There are a quite a few of them around our front yard - they're about 7 inches long and six inches wide ..
    Attached Files
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Ian, it looks like something the wind made.

Bob
    Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Looks like you're entertaining Sasquatch in your back yard! LOL!
      Mia

We are the music makers.
      We are the dreamers of dreams.

Easy scrollin' with a DW788

Comment

I vote for the wind
        Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Would the wind create marks all the same size - and all with 5 "streaks"?

Don't think we have Sasquatch here on the E coast Mia - they're all out west ...
          Ian

Comment

It looks like the lines are ridges (raised above the snow) not depressions caued by weight. The area between the ridges looks about the same height as the surrounding snow. If this is accurate it can't be a track.
            Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

The lines are the indentations, Dan, though it doesn't look like that on the picture. Indentations are maybe 1/2 an inch deep ..

There's a cluster of 5 or six of these fairly close together and a few partially covered by blown snow about 20 feet away ..
              Ian

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
                Don't think we have Sasquatch here on the E coast Mia - they're all out west ...
                I was only kidding! I actually don't believe in Sasquatch anyway. I think really it's a miniature snow drift. Ever see those pictures of a dessert where there are ripples in the sand? Looks like you have the same thing, but with snow. Maybe if there are some trees or something else nearby, the wind had just the right angles to create these little marks.
                Mia

We are the music makers.

Comment

I agree on the snowdrifts but don't believe in Sasquatch, how can that be?
                  There has to be Sasquatch, they even have their own park here.
                  If they have their own park recognized by the Government of British Columbia, then they must exist.
                  Attached Files
                  CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                  "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                  Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

its those blasted snow snakes I tell ya darn things sneak up on ya when ya least expect it and throw snow balls at ya
                    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Must be a sidewinder!
                      Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
                      and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

I think it's a groundhog who got frozen in under the snow! That's what he gets for lying about spring!
                        Janette
                        www.square-designs.com

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianScroller
                          If they have their own park recognized by the Government of British Columbia, then they must exist.
                          It's you! I never thought I'd chat with one! But, seriously, I didn't know they had a park. Maybe they did travel to the east.
                          Mia

We are the music makers.

Comment

Ian it appears to be a weathered/wind battered track from a boot or other source. Without seeing the surrounding area one can only guess, but I am certain it wasn't just created by the wind alone.
                            Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianScroller
                              Carl,

You are too funny. Love the pic.

I believe in Sasquatch, Yetti, Big Foot or whatever you want to call him. I believe in Santa Claus too. But that's another story.
                              Kelly
                              "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Farmers market "survey"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                                I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                                For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                                Today, 11:14 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                                Today, 11:00 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                                Today, 09:57 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Rolf
                                So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                                I like the fact...
                                Today, 08:34 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                                Today, 08:17 AM
                              Working...
                              X