Advice 4 Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice 4 Carter

Carter, I received your stamp puzzle in todays mail. I have several suggestions for you that would improve your product. Item 1: Include a pair of pointy tweezers with each puzzle for stumble-butt fingers like mine. Item 2: Include one of those credit-card sized magnifiers for older folks such as myself that have long since lost their ability to see teeny, tiny things up close. Item 3: Well, actually I don't have an item 3 but I was on a roll.

All kidding aside, Carter, that is an amazing puzzle. My wife knew I was expecting it and brought me the package. When I opened the box and she saw the pieces she kept repeating "No Way!" over and over! Because of the size of the pieces, it was a minor challenge assembling it.

You ARE the PUZZLEMEISTER!!
    Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
    Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Isn't the stamp puzzle amazing? Carter sent me one of those stamp puzzles last month along with a couple of loaner puzzles to try out. It is tricky to assemble the stamp puzzle because the pieces are so small. He does have PHUN with his puzzles and he is the "PUZZLEMEISTER"!
    Bill

I have an RBI Hawk 220-3 VS

Visit my Gallery
    and website www.billswoodntreasures.com

Comment

I once gave a stamp puzzle to a woman in her 60's who told me four weeks later that a piece must be missing. She showed it to me. She had put three pieces together but was unable to proceed, even though all the pieces were there.

I told this story to another friend who knew the woman and who said, when I had finished, "I know. I handle her car insurance. We had to cancell her policy because she couldn't judge distances and was always running into other cars."

She evidently had no concept whatsoever of spacial relationships. Oh Dear!

Thanks, guys.....those little puzzles are fun to make (6 minutes each) and I always carry a few with me.

Carter

Comment

Told my wife how long it took you to cut the puzzle. "No Way" is getting to be her favorite phrase. Thanks again. By the way, showed it to a neighbor who was equally amazed.
        Mike

Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

Comment

Where can I see a picture of those stamp puzzles?
          Diane
          Dragon
          Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
          Owner of a Dewalt 788
          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Diane....

"Ask and Ye shall receive....." At least I think that's how it goes.

Carter

Comment

For some reason I'd missed the fact that you had 3 pages in your gallery, Carter. I love that last puzzle of the cats.

This one for those of you who haven't seen it - http://www.scrollsawer.com/gallery/s...to/681/cat/528
              Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Johnson
                those little puzzles are fun to make (6 minutes each)
                6 minutes is amazing! In 6 minutes I could make, I dunno, two of the scalloped edges?

Carter, I think you earned the title 'Johnny Appleseed of puzzles', or was Johnny the 'Carter Johnson of apples'?

Pete
                Last edited by PeteB; 02-16-2007, 07:17 AM.

Comment

For what it's worth - and if you're interested - here's a link to one of my Picture Trail albums that shows the fronts and back of a few puzzles from last year.....As you know, I'm happy to help anyone get started with freehand puzzle cutting - - - Have phun....Carter

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...9642&members=1

Comment

How big or rather small are those stamp puzzles? Looks very interesting. 10 pieces I counted. What wood do you use?
                    Diane
                    Dragon
                    Owner of a Dewalt 788
                    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Diane, it's a regular postage stamp, the smallest, I think, that the US Postal Service makes. It measures 3/4" x 7/8" The little box is a matchbox...Diane, I sent you a privatre message...Carter
                      Last edited by Carter-Johnson; 02-16-2007, 10:05 AM.

Comment

What is that box that you store it in? Looks like an old matchbox. You got me really curious now.
                        Diane
                        Dragon
                        Owner of a Dewalt 788
                        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

No PM as of yet. Looking forward to it.
                          Diane
                          Dragon
                          Owner of a Dewalt 788
                          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon
                            What is that box that you store it in? Looks like an old matchbox. You got me really curious now.
                            Diane
                            The box is a in fact a matchbox. The small ones you get when you buy cigars. Matchsticks are about 1 1/2 to 2" long.
                            Mike

Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X