X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Wilson
    I'm well acquainted with Punxsutawney Phil, having grown up about 20 miles from Punxsy. But who is this Shubenacadie Sam of whom you speak?
    He's the Nova Scotia groundhog forecaster ... about half an hour's drive from here - from here in (not surprisingly!) Shubenacadie - he makes his prediction accompanied by a kilted piper ...

Emails to the local TV station thise morning were suggesting the prediction was rigged, since the door to his "house" was closed and he couldn't get back in even if he wanted to .. LOL

The most famous Canadian groundhog is Wiarton Willy - he's an albino - but apparentlty there are others. Manitoba I believe has Manitoba Merv ...

Leave a comment:

• utbva
    replied
    We have had a colder than normal January here, so I am looking forward to warmer weather so I can finish my work shop and get back to scrolling.

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    We've just had the second warmest January on record .

If this is due to global warming, burn a tree in the Amazon for me .

Gill

Leave a comment:

• Bill Wilson
    replied
    I'm well acquainted with Punxsutawney Phil, having grown up about 20 miles from Punxsy. But who is this Shubenacadie Sam of whom you speak?

Leave a comment:

• Indiana saw man
    replied
    hey i seen that we didnt have much of a winter here in indiana but will be glad to see spring comming

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    started a topic Happy Groundhog Day

Happy Groundhog Day

OK folks - winter's nearly over - well at least according to Shubenacadie Sam and Punxsutawney Phil ...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X