a Mickey Mouse Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a Mickey Mouse Idea

When I was on vacation I ended up at Disneyland.
    There was a lady there cutting silhouettes freehand with a pair of scissors.
    She used no light, or tracings, you sat down she looked at your profile and in less that 15 seconds she had captured your image.
    My wife and I had a portrait done. I think it was around $7 but I cant remember.

I would be fascinated to see if anyone could do this scrolling freehand.
    She told me there were around 25 people in the US that make their living cutting portraits freehand.
    Attached Files
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Very nice Carl. I've seen someone do that before and I was amazed watching them. The portraits are accurate. That has to be talent. I have a hard time cutting while following a line ...
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Carl,

Disneyland is my FAVORITE place on earth. I really miss it. I had my son's silhoutte done the first time we went, when he was 2. I haven't been back in over 10 years.

It really is incredible the talent those folks have. I know I could never do that, with scissors or a scroll saw. Somebody would be missing a nose or something.
      Kelly
      "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Sunday Morning news had a lady from disneyland doing silhouttes. She was deadly accurate with those scissors.
        Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
        Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

Carl
          About 5 years ago we also went to Disney and at Animal Kindom there was a guy cutting out names and so on with a scroll saw. Not sure what kind of saw it was tho.

Comment

I wonder if I could convince a cruiseline to have me cut names freehand
            I could have a Tshirt made up Will Scroll for Food!
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• markdavd
              Reply to Shrink wrap systems
              by markdavd
              I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
              Today, 09:45 AM
            • NC Scroller
              by NC Scroller
              My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
              Today, 07:42 AM
            • will8989
              by will8989
              None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
              Today, 12:20 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              by Linda In Phoenix
              What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
              The bags seem easier on the surface.
              But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
              Yesterday, 03:24 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
              by will8989
              Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
              Yesterday, 10:32 AM
            Working...
            X