Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Name Conflict Scam

FYI...

Today I received an email from an individual in Shanghai stating someone was trying to register my .com domain and others such as " scrollcrafters .cn "、" scrollcrafters .com.cn " 、" scrollcrafters .net.cn "、" scrollcrafters .org.cn " domain names etc.., " With some suspicion I Googled the issue and found it to be a scam. The full email message is below. And here's one link that highlights the scam particulars: Chinese Domain Name Scam.

Dear Manager,

(If you are not the person who is in charge of this, please forward this to your CEO,Thanks)

This email is from China domain name registration center, which mainly deal with the domain name registration and dispute internationally in China.
    We received an application from Huahong Ltd on July 21, 2014. They want to register " scrollcrafters " as their Internet Keyword and " scrollcrafters .cn "、" scrollcrafters .com.cn " 、" scrollcrafters .net.cn "、" scrollcrafters .org.cn " domain names etc.., they are in China domain names. But after checking it, we find "scrollcrafters " conflicts with your company. In order to deal with this matter better, so we send you email and confirm whether this company is your distributor or business partner in China or not?

Best Regards,

Jim
    General Manager
    Shanghai Office (Head Office)
    3002, Nanhai Building, No. 854 Nandan Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai 200070, China
    Tel: +86 216191 8696
    Mobile: +86 1870199 4951
    Fax: +86 216191 8697
    Web: (CN) YG Registry
    Beware such emails.
    Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
    Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Had not heard if this, but I get these occasionally from a US company trying to trick me into changing my domain registration management to them.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Ron

My sawdust gallery

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X