No announcement yet.

Stupid saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got to be carefull with mastercraft. their scroll saw is only good for starters and to teach kids how to scroll saw but mastercraft as a good return policy so you should not be having too many problems. I never did anyways.

Eric

Comment

Dragon I can't find where you were asking about thin plywood or thin wood? the place to check out is in montreal north on PIE IX street near the laval high way 19 bridge at Langevin Forest.

Eric

Comment

Thanks Eric
        I've been there and found they didn't have a good selection when I was there also nobody seems to know about scrolling too much. They were telling me about turning which I wasn't asking about.
        Also the first time I went it was with my husband and we were speaking english and the salespeople kept walking away from him. Bad attitude.
        I'm going to Ottawa on Wednesday for a seminar at LeeValleey so I might look around there. I have two places to visit and I'll see what they have.
        Money is not the best at this time of year so for now I am looking and by the summer I'll be buying some nice stuff.
        Diane
        Dragon
        Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
        Owner of a Dewalt 788
        PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Hi Diane,

Don't know if you have one around your place, but look for a BMR associate hardware store.

That's where I got my last batch of Russian Birch Plywood (called "Merisier Russe" in French) which is equivalent to Baltic Birch in structure (no voids).

What they didn't have in stock, they ordered for me and got it within a week. The prices were decent too.

My concern is that the store I dealt with is now showing a RONA banner instead of BMR, I hope I can still get some from them in the future.

We'll see.

As for the CT saw, you can go to any branch store to exchange it, not necessarily the one you bought it from. So if they don't have one in stock, call the other stores in the area and see if they do. You shouldn't have any problems especially since it's an exchange and not a reimbursement.

Regards,
          Marcel
          Last edited by Marcel in Longueuil; 01-18-2007, 08:50 AM.
          http://marleb.com
          DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I've learned the hard way stick up for yourself and what's right. I'm nice the first time and that's it. Gloves off, come out fighting. Diane, if your warranty calls for a new saw, then they are in breach of contract as they didn't live up to what they said they would. I don't care if you paid $10 for it, a contract is a contract. Since they already replaced it with a used one instead of a new one, you will probably have to deal directly with them or the manufacturer as I doubt another store will get involved, you can try though.

Betty
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I am going to the closest store to me which is still 50 minutes away but it's on the way to another errand that we have tomorrow. Hubby also goes bowling and everything is always done at the same time to save on gas and time. Will let you all know tomorrow night when I come back what the outcome is.

Marcel
              No BMR around here. A Rona (very small), Home Hardware (Not much help) Patrick Morin (not much there either)
              We are going to Ottawa on Wednesday and will be visiting Woodsgoood and on the way back will also visit Clarence Creek. Both have websites and sound very good. I have worked for the last three days at the shop and so will be buying a few pieces of Baltic Birch as this seems to be something that is used very frequently.

Diane
              Dragon
              Owner of a Dewalt 788
              PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Went to a Canadian Tire this afternoon and made sure they had one in stock before I brought mine in the store. They gave me a bit of a hassle. Nobody seems to know what to do when something is defective. Finally one person said: "ok then, go get the one there and I'll make sure that someone pays for this one". I don't care who pays, just give me the other one...
                Finally walked out of the store with a brand new one. No I didn't look in the box because I was just glad that they gave me one.
                I will check it when I get home tonight. But this one was right off the shelf.
                Guess what I might be doing this weekend
                Diane
                Dragon
                Owner of a Dewalt 788
                PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Good for you Diane, glad that you stood up for yourself. Hope this one is okay and you make lots of sawdust this weekend. Steve
                  If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
                  My Gallery
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon
                    Guess what I might be doing this weekend
                    Diane
                    Cussing out another defective saw?

It sounds like you're going to finally be able to start generating sawdust again. I'm thrilled for you. You have gone thru more than you should have, just to be able to do some scrolling.

You go girl!
                    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

You go Diane. Sometimes you have to take a hard stand for what you are entitled to but that is the only way. Good luck with the new saw and I expect to see a post from you in the bragging section by Monday.....

Ok...I'll give you until Tuesday
                      Scott
                      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller
                        I expect to see a post from you in the bragging section by Monday.....

Ok...I'll give you until Tuesday
                        Hey it's only Friday today, Scott - she should have something by tomorrow ....

Glad to hear you got your new saw Diane. Fingers crossed for you that this one is OK ..
                        Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X