Stupid saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid saw

There was a knob broken on my saw before Christmas and so I brought it back and they said they would order me a new one because there was non in stock. Picked it up last Friday and put it aside because I have a lot of work to finish.
    Took it out today and it is not even a new one it is reconditionned. If it works I don't mind even that. But the darn thing does not work properly. The tension adjustment does not adjust properly and they blades don't fit in right. Have to bring it back again when I go back to the city.
    Thought I would get some cutting done during this storm. I'm outta luck here. I'm very upset now.
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Sorry to hear about the saw Diane, I think someone would hear an earfull though about given me a remanned one if it were supposed to be new. Steve
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Comment

Diane, I would be fuming. There is no excuse for that kind of (lack of) customer support. In regards to customer service, the world is going to the dogs. Just think about poor Barry and the problems with his Dewalt. I assume he still hasn't got the new one promised to him. What is a person to do? I do know that whenever I find a company that offers good support, I will always continue to do business with them, even if I have to pay a little more. Unfortunately, these types of businesses are few and far between. I'm in an industry that requires good customer service, and believe me, myself and the company I represent provide it. I would not work for a company that didn't. My customers know they can call me 24/7, seven days a week. This is the main reason I retain customers and one reason I acquire new. I just wish more businesses could show a little pride in that department.

Good luck Diane, getting the issue resolved.
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

I'm so sorry Diane. Been there when the saw dust bug bites and the saw does not work. I know you have it especially bad because of the weather and the fact you live a good distance from the dealer. I think there is a lesson to be learned for all of us. You bring something in for repairs, test it out be fore you leave the shop. I know it is not always easy but it beats going back.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

It's a bummer because it is 45 minutes from my house. I had nothing to do today, except for housework!!!. I had planned on scrolling all day. I am very upset. Tomorrow I have to go work outside the house so it will pass the time. Hopefully I can get out of my driveway. Hubby is not here to clean the snow and won't be back for a few days. Isn't it ironic that he does the snow removal of the sidewalks in the big city and I am up to my, you know what, of snow. I can't get the snowblower out so I have to wait for him to get back so he can clean our driveway. He won't be back until all the snow is cleared away and that could be quite a few days. I put my car in 4 wheel drive and pray.
          Probably can't exchange the saw until Friday now. Bummer.
          Diane
          Dragon
          Owner of a Dewalt 788
          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Sorry to hear you had bad luck with your replacement- I have had to replace several of my Craftsman from my heavy load and abuse but they always gave me a brand new one. You may think next time to call ahead and make sure they have one in stock. I like you live a long distance from town and now I have to "sweet talk" my son to come here and drive back into townand drive back and then go his own way --does take up the whole day of driving and a tank of gas - so I know what it is like to be stuck with a bad saw.
            If it helps any I will say a wish that you get your replacement replaced and sawing agin real soon.
            Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon
              There was a knob broken on my saw before Christmas and so I brought it back and they said they would order me a new one because there was non in stock. Picked it up last Friday and put it aside because I have a lot of work to finish.
              Took it out today and it is not even a new one it is reconditionned. If it works I don't mind even that. But the darn thing does not work properly. The tension adjustment does not adjust properly and they blades don't fit in right. Have to bring it back again when I go back to the city.
              Thought I would get some cutting done during this storm. I'm outta luck here. I'm very upset now.
              Diane
              Sometimes having a hobby like ours can be a real bummer. Especially when the equipment is as specific as a scrollsaw. It's not your typical shop tool yet some chain hardware stores carry them just to get the money for sales. God forbid you need service. I ran into the same scenario when I bought my band saw. It had great features for what I needed it for, yet in the long run I was using it for more than the store initially advertised. They only offered 2 different blades for the darn thing. That's like trying to use only 2 different blades to do scrolling. Hope you have better luck next trip... I'd hate for you to go into scrollsaw withdrawal!!
              Pop
              Delta 16" 40-530
              Ryobi 16" VS

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember it was amateurs that built the ARK but Professionals that built the Titanic!"

Comment

That's a bummer, Diane .. I think I'd get withdrawal symptoms without my saw. I was getting worried last week when I was down to my last few blades .. but my order arrived in the nick of time ..lol

Local news has been full of "the first big winter storm of the year" hitting Nova Scotia today - I just dunno where it is - it's been snowing with very fine snow since about 3 this afternoon and we still only have about an inch and a half!
                Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

We've had a lot of snow and I am suffering of withdrawal. Was going crazy all of yesterday. That's why when one place called that they were in a jam and needed some help I said I would go in today. I also need the money so would never refuse and they know it. This saw still has 2 years of warranty. I will save some money and probably buy a different one after that. And then again I might hit a good one.
                  What makes me even more mad is that the last one was cutting nice. The plastic knob broke and I thought they would just replace that piece. Then when they said "replacement only" I was happy to get a new saw. Yea right!
                  Next time I will open the sealed box right there.
                  Off to work now.
                  Diane
                  Dragon
                  Owner of a Dewalt 788
                  PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

This would be my reply: I want a NEW saw and I want it NOW. If I don't get it NOW, I am going to: Report your company to the Better Business Bureau (or whatever Canada's equivalent is), go to the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's Office (or whatever your equivalent is) and file a formal complaint AND since I belong to a large message board that is read by THOUSANDS I will tell them which saw NOT to buy. Now, when can I expect my new saw? Now what part of this conversation DON'T you understand? and that Diane, would be my response!! There is no excuse for what they did. Everyone says you can attract bees with honey, but I say a good swift kick in the MONEY Column gets much better results. Then, let us know what saw you have and I for one will write the manufacturer and tell them why I will never buy their saws. And did you report them to the manufacturer? They probably don't know what's going on and if they get enough complaints they may just yank their license to sell for them, or however that is done. And that is how I would do it! I have no patience for incompetence. Good luck.

Betty
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

So you would'nt be very happy Betty .

Seriously i have to agree with you, if the main manufacturer does'nt hear these things they can't change them.
                      kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Remind me never to upset you Betty
                        Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Wow Betty, I wouldn't want to make you angry. But you are absolutely right. Nobody should accept this kind of B.S. I also abhor incompetence. Or maybe it's indifference. They just don't give a darned.
                          Last edited by Minnesota scroller; 01-16-2007, 06:29 PM.
                          Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                          www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

I am almost glad that I can't go until Friday because it will give me a bit of time to cool off. They wouldn't want to see me right now.
                            I have a Mastercraft saw, Canadian Tire brand. It's not an expensive saw, it's only worth $110 regular price. Got it on sale last Christmas as my present from hubby. I like it. Maybe also because I've never seen any other saw. I will not leave the store without a brand new saw.
                            Diane
                            Dragon
                            Owner of a Dewalt 788
                            PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

That is terrible! i'd be a tad upset as well.

Have you called the place you got your saw to let them know? That way they can have one ready and waiting for you once you make the trek.

And, not defending or justifying, but if the box was sealed, they had no clue anything was wrong with it......
                              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X