Ice Storm!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Storm!!!

Well folks I am sitting here in front of my computer and talking with ya'll due to the fact I am lucky enough to have a power generator. You see Missouri is in the middle of an ice storm and at least in my area, we are with out power.
    Have been with out for 6 hours now.
    I've got an awful lot of trees down on my property, so far no damage to my house, but I am really sweating it out on one large oak branch that is over the top of my kitchen, I have put off and put off cutting that limb for over a year now, God I just hope it hangs in there till this weather breaks and I swear I will cut it down!!!
    The wife and I are dressed warmly, my generator is powering up my fridge, freezer, coffee pot and computer, along with a couple of lights and our heating blanket and I have enough gas for 40 hours of run time. So I guess I just need to bed down and weather this storm.
    No telling on how soon they get our power grid up. They are calling for more ice and snow over the next 24 hours. I hope I have some trees left. I'll try and get some pictures of this up for ya'll tomorrow.
    Believe me I'm really working on keeping up my positive attitude about now!
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Hi Bill, sorry to hear about the power outage and bad weather. Hang in there brother things may look better tomorrow. We have you in our prayers for no damage. Steve
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Comment

Bill, I saw the weather map on the news and it looks like a nasty one. I guess we are paying for the warm weather we have been having. I know we are expecting a 40 degree drop here. I hope all remains well and that limb hangs on until spring. GOOD LUCK.....
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Hey Steve! Thanks for the prayers! I got your PM, sounds like a great offer, I may just take ya up on that in the future. I'd like to get a wood stove for when I do make that move for a heated shop. But right now I'd settle for some electric!
        Thanks Scott, Actually that limb is coming down as soon as I can get up on the roof with my chainsaw on a pole extension........that is if it don't find its own way down.
        Bill

DeWalt 788

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

I hope that all be be well for you Bill. We have already gone through an ice storm. Keep up the spirits and keep that coffee hot.
          Diane
          Dragon
          Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
          Owner of a Dewalt 788
          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Bill, I can honestly say I know how you feel!!! Poor old Santa is still frozen to the ground and buried under the trees!! I'm glad that you guys have a generator so you have some comforts! Try to stay warm, (you have a good excuse for cuddling up together)!! Will be thinking about you two and hope the storm ends soon!!

Cathy in NE

btw, what part of Missouri do you live in?? My son lives in Independence. I haven't talked to him, maybe I'd better call him!!!
            Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Bill, I was thinking about you today. My brother, down in Nevada, MO, says he's had to chisel thru a lot of ice. No trees or power lines down there though. You should be getting used to this. I believe this is the second time for you, right? That generator is paying for itself in a big way. Maybe you'll get out of another day of work.

You have had a much worse winter than we have in MN this year. We're darned cold right now but the snow and ice, for the most part, has missed us. We finally got a dusting of snow tonight but they have been predicting up to 7 inches. I checked the radar online and could see that we're getting missed again. We don't need snow, but it's definitely better than sleet and ice.

Bill, I hope you get thru this ice storm unscathed. This will just make you that much tougher and more prepared for the next one.
              Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
              www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Bill,
                I just wanted to add my prayers to Steve's. Praying for no damage and a quick return to normalcy.
                Take care,
                Chris
                What! There's no coffee?!!

Comment

Just when I think I've got a handle on everything (big mistake) our faithful little coffee pot quits working!!
                  I'm not kidding ya'll........now understand, my wife views coffee as liquid gold and the look on her adorable face when she discovered the latest diabolical twist in our ice storm adventure was anything but adorable.
                  I'm glad Wally World is open 24 hours......... or at least they better be when I get there!

And Chris, your tag line is just perfect!

Really this is funny, but right now I'm not laughing.
                  Bill

DeWalt 788

Comment

Bill,
                    Add my prayers also,I hope damage is to a minimal and of course you and your wifes safety is of the highest concern.Keep us informed how you are doing as you can.
                    Bill
                    Delta P-20

Comment

coffe pot

Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
                      Just when I think I've got a handle on everything (big mistake) our faithful little coffee pot quits working!!
                      I'm not kidding ya'll........now understand, my wife views coffee as liquid gold and the look on her adorable face when she discovered the latest diabolical twist in our ice storm adventure was anything but adorable.
                      I'm glad Wally World is open 24 hours......... or at least they better be when I get there!

And Chris, your tag line is just perfect!

Really this is funny, but right now I'm not laughing.
                      Bill, I have to agree with the wife on that. Liquid Gold. I think if I braved an ice storm and they were not open I might have to leave a check for the new pot and the broken window. haha Take care my friend I am off to work and will check on you this evening. Steve
                      If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
                      My Gallery
                      [email protected]

Comment

Dang Bill, it it ain't tornado's it is ice storms!

Why don't you move up here....I know someone with a soon to be for sale house that would make you a good deal.

Seriously, I hope you come out of this okay. Also, with all those downed tree's, a guy with a lathe would be in free wood heaven........
                        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

It sounds awful. Hang in there.

Gill
                          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Bill, Carolina gets our share of big ice storms and hurricanes. I totally side with your wife on the coffee. I normally can be pretty ugly but without coffee watch out. Anyway if you have a drip coffee pot (Mr Coffee type) you can always boil water on a coleman stove or gas grill and slowly pour it through. Make sure you do that outside. This process has saved my loved ones from much pain
                            Scott
                            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Or old fashioned Cowboy coffee...through the coffee right into boiling water and strain it through your teeth <GRIN>

Bob
                              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                                by meflick
                                got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
                                Yesterday, 08:21 PM
                              • Jo Labre
                                Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
                                by Jo Labre
                                At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
                                Yesterday, 11:13 AM
                              • hotshot
                                by hotshot
                                The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
                                Yesterday, 10:14 AM
                              • Rolf
                                by Rolf
                                Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
                                Yesterday, 09:32 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                                by Rolf
                                I haven't even decided what to make!
                                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                              Working...
                              X