can you belive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you belive...

It's a three day weekend for us and I told my wife that I was going to start a new project and that I needed to get some wood...

you know what she tells me... I'm loosing my focus on fishing and that I'd rather be in my shop cutting wood than being out on the water! so before I get wood tomorrow, I have to take my wife to the big sportsman show that is in town. she's hoping that this will get me motivated to start thinking about fishing again.

OK...that's cool...

let's see, what do we need?
    we've got the $25k boat that is fully rigged..
    our tackle boxes are pretty well full..
    so that leaves the bow mounted trolling motor, that would run about $1,500 with everything...

and that's when I start thinking about that G-4 scroll saw!

I don't know where this post is going other than it's to "FREAKING COLD" to be out there fishing!

Trout
    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
    Fish are food, not friends!

Nice boat Trout, I would like to have that about march to start trolling musky out at Stonecoal & Stonewall Jackson Lakes. Steve
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

Comment

Trout-- tell your wife that it is to freakin cold to be out on the water where you will get a runny nose and the sniffles and sneezing attacks--in other words your shop is more warmer and cold free than the boat is... besides who in their right mind would want to get wet in winter .. besides you will make her somethin purdy if you stay home.
      Sharon

Or you can pout and hold your breath till you turn blue and see if that works--besides if you get sick you can't get around the littlest trout.

Comment

Then again there might be room in the bow for that G-4 and a generator. Just substitute a weedeater with a fan blade for the trolling motor. Steve
        If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
        My Gallery
        [email protected]

Comment

There are priorities in life and scrolling is one of them. I love fishing but the saw will come first. Of course that's only since I've had the saw because before that the fish would come first.....
          Diane
          Dragon
          Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
          Owner of a Dewalt 788
          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Trout, my boat is very similar to yours and I used to take it out on Lake Michigan every weekend unless the waves were too high. Three years ago, my woodworking disease increased dramatically and the fishing bug diminshed. In the last three years, the only water the boat has seen is rain or when I water the lawn. My ice fishing gear has been in hibernation just as long.
            Bass Pro Shops is opening a store next month that will be 12 miles away. Cabela's is building a store 1 block from my house, which will open this Fall.
            At least my other hobby of Geocaching gets me outside occasionally, but work throws the monkey wrench into the scheme of things.
            I suggest that you take the therapy session at the outdoors show and get some balance.
            Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

Nice rig Trout...... but I prefer Bass fishing. My story is like Fred's. Love to fish but but by the time you hook up the boat, drive to the lake, launch I can make a few scroll saw projects. I still get the bug and go but Scrolling wins almost any time especially in the colder months.

BTW....Raleigh has a fishing /boat show this weekend. I plan a couple hours in the shop. Then a couple hours at the show. Then back to the shop.

Good luck
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

My fishing expeditions are easier than yours. I live on the lake with my backyard being a lake that has trout in it. So I am lucky that I can get up very early and just take the little boat or even sometimes the paddle boat. I just go out for an hour or so and try my luck at it.
                No fishing right now but you can see they bay where I am. That is my back yard.

Diane
                Dragon
                Owner of a Dewalt 788
                PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Here is a picture of the water. That was last year. More snow but the lake was not yet frozen.

Dragon
                  Owner of a Dewalt 788
                  PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

I wish our back yard looked like that...

you have to remember that I'm in California, right now it 29 degrees and we'll be seeing a high of 50 today...that's pretty darn cold for us here in the San Francisco area...

and we want to move to Montana where it really gets cold...

Trout
                    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                    Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Dragon, I like your backyard.

Bob
                      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Diane, I'm so jealous I'm turnin' green. What a wonderful place to live!!! With me, my priorities are seasonal, right now I'm sawin' and thinking about spring fishing, then I will fish when I can and saw when I can't fish. But while I'm fishing I'll be thinking about sawing projects. I think I have a split personality disorder, I wonder if they make a glue to fix that?

I agree that right now it's just too darn cold to fish (we have snow on the ground and frost on everything else, which is really, really unusual for where I live).

Chris
                        What! There's no coffee?!!

Comment

My childhood dream was to own a place on the lake like my grandparents had. So I worked my whole life putting every penny away. Raised my children and worked at odd job, coaching at night and doing crafts after hours. When I had enough money I bought this place.
                          Still putting away money I finally tore down the old A-frame shack and we rebuilt a house on the same lot. The inside is not done and will not be for many years but it's home. I don't work in the city any more and so do not make the same salary as before but I'm very happy. The back is the lake and the front is the forest. Paradise.
                          Diane
                          Dragon
                          Owner of a Dewalt 788
                          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Good for you Diane. What a well earned blessing you have. I too, have always dreamed of living on a lake, but because of life circumstances, it will never be true for me. It makes me feel good knowing that you have accomplished your dream. I hope you enjoy paradise for many, many years to come.
                            Blessings,
                            Chris
                            What! There's no coffee?!!

Comment

Never mind a new board for intarsia and segmentation - I think we need one for outdoor activities !

You guys sure are active - it's good to see there's life outside the workshop and away from the computer .

Gill
                              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
                                Reply to Pattern Vault
                                by dottyblues
                                Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
                                Today, 12:20 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
                                I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
                                In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
                                I also added the...
                                Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Supermax
                                by will8989
                                Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
                                Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Help help
                                by will8989
                                Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
                                Yesterday, 10:11 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Pattern Vault
                                by KarlB
                                Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
                                Yesterday, 10:05 PM
                              Working...
                              X