Old question - new location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old question - new location

A couple days ago I tried posting this in the section I thought it belonged, but no one from the admin side picked up on it. Sooooo, I thought I'd try posting it here to see if I can get an answer . . .
    One question about the functionality of the message board. I rely on the "new posts" icon to let me know which threads have changed since the last time I logged on. If I sign-on and go through them all there's no problem. However, if I don't finishing looking at all the new posts before signing off (or if I'm unceremoniously dumped off by an uncooperative dial-up connection), when I log back on all the "new" posts have flipped over to "old" and I've lost the pointers to the threads I haven't yet read. Any solution to this (that I can control)?

And before someone asks, no I can't just go by the time stamps. My understanding is that the times are corrected to my time zone, but I have seen time stamps on posts that are in the future (relative to my current time)!

Please advise.
    Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Bruce:

And add to your comment, the blue bar across the bottom that has
    "Contact Us - .... Archive - Top" wouldn't it be nice if the there was also a link to New Posts added? Then I wouldn't have to click on 'Top' and then click on New Posts on the top blue bar.

Phil

Comment

Sorry Bruce,
      I was waiting to see what Rob could do before posting...I don't have a solution to your problem!

Bob
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Originally posted by GrayBeard Phil
        Bruce:

And add to your comment, the blue bar across the bottom that has
        "Contact Us - .... Archive - Top" wouldn't it be nice if the there was also a link to New Posts added? Then I wouldn't have to click on 'Top' and then click on New Posts on the top blue bar.

Phil
        I've asked for a New Posts link at the bottom of the page several times to no avail. I now hit the HOME key on the keyboard and then click on New Posts.
        As for Bruce's problem, I don't seem to have that problem, if I leave posts unread, they still show as new posts when I go back. The one difference is, I never log off. When I leave the message board, I just close the screen, that way when I come back, I don't need to log in and everything is pretty much the way I left it.
        Marsha
        LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Maybe if we all pouted and hold our breaths till we turn blue they could fix it..--Taking deep breath now.
          Sharon

Comment

And Bob, what did Rob come up with? I really get lost in here sometimes trying to search for things that I posted to. I know there is an easier way but we all know me and my computer knowledge (or lack thereof). You think this is bad, you should see me with a cell phone in my hand!! I'm a genius at this compared to cell phones!!

Betty
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by tgiro01
              One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
              Today, 08:18 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Interesting pallet
              by Rolf
              That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
              Today, 08:16 AM
            • Quartz43
              Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
              by Quartz43
              I wish I could post the video as it looks better with the lights blinking. I used some red clear plastic behind the eyes and nose. It was a fun project.
              Yesterday, 07:29 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Interesting pallet
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Maybe a star shining to tell us something? That piece of wood is a very special piece! Good eye.
              Yesterday, 07:27 PM
            • Misouri Wayne
              Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
              by Misouri Wayne
              Tough situation. Just have to take it one day at a time.
              Yesterday, 04:55 PM
            Working...
            X