I met Rivari today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I met Rivari today!

Drove north today out to Rivari's house, dodged a few moose on or near the road, and met up with a fellow Alaskan scroller. Todd has a wonderful home, beautiful family, and an even cleaner shop than pictured.....

We swapped stories, shared tips, and even did a little cutting. This guy does some NICE work (w/spirals no less ) I have to tell you, that 26" Hawk is one nice machine! The visit ended too soon as I needed to pick up a kid but I hope to repeat it again.

THANK YOU Todd, for the warm hospitality and comraderie!

HPIM0573 (448 x 600).jpg

HPIM0572 (600 x 448).jpg
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Well since your planning on going back, I guess it's safe to say ya didn't break nothing that couldn't be fixed!
    Watch out Bear, Todd will have ya coming over to the darkside, and you'll be making some spiral dust....and liking it!
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

There is nothing wrong with spiral dust, best kind there is, Means you practiced long enouth to get used to it.
      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
      Jean De La Bruyere...

l
      Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Where are the MOOSE pix?
        Kelly
        "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Just left of the Polar Bear pics Kelly :P
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Buffalo
            Where are the MOOSE pix?
            Here's one for you, Kelly ...
            Attached Files
            Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Thanks Ian. He's adorable.

Looks like one I picked up yesterday wrapped around 1/2 pound of chocolate.
              Kelly
              "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Buffalo
                Looks like one I picked up yesterday wrapped around 1/2 pound of chocolate.
                There was no chocolate with that one unfortunately ...

Just for you here's a small herd of them .. The one on the right is Enormoose, with his friends Canuckmoose, Lumpy and Chocolate ...lol
                Attached Files
                Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

here's another moose for you kelly
                  Attached Files
                  kevin/pitbull.

Comment

Not MOUSE, a MOOSE. Of course, Polar Bears are always welcome too.

I have to find me one of those Enormoose. He's hilarious.
                    Kelly

Comment

I tell you what folks, this forum is a great asset but there is nothing like having a fellow scroller visit in person and talented one at that to bounce ideas and thoughts off of. Barry is gave me some sound pointers and re-motivated me, hell the visit just plain made my day. I was lucky or unlucky enough depending how you look at it that he brought some exotic woods out as he is cleaning shop for his impending move (sadly). I had never seen such woods in person and it was great to have someone explain the background and uses for each.

Yeah he is a flat blader, he even forced me to try cutting some lines with one which was a laughable experience though I do see the need to learn and know both. What is sad is that I started out with them and did just fine but now I look like a drunk trying to cut with one.

For what it is worth I did catch him trying to load my Hawk G4 in his truck when I wasn't watching so for those in Minnesota (his future home) hide your Hawks until he gets his own.

Barry I had a blast and look forward to future exchanges, you got some great info and experiences that I better take advantage of quick.
                      Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by Rivari
                        For what it is worth I did catch him trying to load my Hawk G4 in his truck when I wasn't watching so for those in Minnesota (his future home) hide your Hawks until he gets his own.
                        Yep, got me on that one, but looks like you haven't noticed the missing bandsaw yet

We do need to do that again. There's a state and fed holiday coming up soon..... Now if I can just get a running saw......(but thats an update for a different thread)

And here is a moose picture for you.....
                        bs_moose2 (600 x 473).jpg
                        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                          I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
                          I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
                          In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
                          I also added the...
                          Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                        • will8989
                          Supermax
                          by will8989
                          Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
                          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Help help
                          by will8989
                          Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
                          Yesterday, 10:11 PM
                        • KarlB
                          Reply to Pattern Vault
                          by KarlB
                          Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
                          Yesterday, 10:05 PM
                        • KarlB
                          Reply to Pattern Vault
                          by KarlB
                          Well I just happen to have that pattern:

I thought I had others, but I don't find them...yet!

Karl
                          ( I hope it's okay to post it.)...
                          Yesterday, 09:56 PM
                        Working...
                        X