Christmas List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas List

So...what sort of tools, toys, etc., does everyone have on their list?

I got a used tablesaw early (it was an great deal; $45 for a belt-driven, old-school craftsman with a cast iron table), but I'm asking for a good miter unit for the saw and a good blade from my parents, and perhaps a 18 volt cordless circular saw...

My wife got me something in a big box (not sure what)

What is everyone else asking for (aside from world peace, and goodwill among all humans)?

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

I would like a spindle sander but I decided we're not exchanging gifts this year.

We really don't need anything and the hubby is nearly impossible to buy for. His birthday gift from last year is still sitting partially wrapped in the computer room. He never wants anything and so to save us both the trouble and expense, we're not exchanging gifts.

I do plan to make him one of Toni's Metay Moose . Hopefully, I can get it done before Christmas.
    Kelly
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

I am wanting a spindle sander also but so far am not sure what brand to look at or purchase. I make a lot of puzzles, and other small items. I have the belt sander by Delta but if you don't hang onto the wooden piece you can get some serious damage.....making oven rack pulls.

cutting up one piece at a time

Comment

I was going to buy the Jet Spindle sander with some of my craft fair proceedes but my wife saw what I was doing and told me not to. So I suspect that is what she will buy me or has bought me.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

A router table and a drum sander, sadly though it will probably be another Old Spice or Brut gift pack.
          Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Hey Todd at least you will smell good.
            Bob
            Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Bob I hope the box your wife got does not include a table saw
              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
              "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
              Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Eww Todd -- my favorite fragrance in the whole wide world for men is old spice- My Daddy ( step-dad but my DADDY ) wore it and his momeries are the wonder smell of his old spice. _when he passed in 93 I got his old spice botttle and his shaving mug and brush- along with a lot of his other "little things " and I have kept them on a shelf just for him in my master bathroom.Those are wonderful memories to me to smell Old Spice-if you get that can I sniff you?

Sharon

Comment

We're not exchanging either. New stove, expensive car tags and unplanned medical expenses kinda put a damper on that. BUT if we were, I'd probably ask for disk/belt sander. the kind with the narrow belts.
                  Mike

Craftsman 16" VS, Puros Indios and Sam Adams!
                  Scrollin' since Jun/2006

My Gallery

http://scrollcrafters.com (reciprocal links welcomed)

Comment

I got a DW788 this Christmas, got it early. I'm not getting another Christmas present until I've sold enough scrollings to pay for the saw. haha.
                    John Patrick, Bird Oasis
                    www.birdoasis.com
                    Using Dewalt DW788. Working on a new line of birdhouses and bird feeders for the store.

I welcome any and all ideas for bird friendly scrolling.

Comment

I see the spindle sander is a popular choice. I have that, and I know she won't buy a big drum sander, so I went with a realistic request, a Leigh dovetail jig. And of course the old reliable standby is wood, any wood is fine. I'll take a case of beer with that too.
                      what I don't want is another...well, u know...SWEATER !!!!
                      Jeff Powell

Comment

Christmas wish list

A new scroll saw is on my list, but we aren't exchanging either. Both of us are woodworkers and we tend to buy things throughout the year. Money is tight right now, so we'll just take care of gifts for the grandkids.
                        Cathy
                        Cathy

Comment

As I said elsewhere, I know I'm getting a graphics tablet for my computer. I've also asked for some proper artists brushes; mine are several years old now and I could do with some new ones. Not that I'll throw the old ones away... perish the thought!

In a perfect world Santa would bring me a drum sander, but it ain't going to happen because they're so hugely expensive.

Gill
                          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

My new Dewalt 788 was a joint anniversary Christmas gift from my lovely wife, I got her in return for me getting the saw a Brother computerized emmbroidery machine so other then outside family gifts we have probably gotten each others
                            Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

I would really like a Nikon D80 digital SLR with a 400 mm fixed length lense, but world peace is more likely. So I will settle for quality time with my family.
                              Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X