Ashes to Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashes to Ashes

Oh dear - England's defence of the Ashes isn't going very well .

On the positive side, however, is the BBC radio commentary. The current 'hot' topic seems to be meat pies doused (inadvertantly) with Thai chilli sauce; there's also squeaky studio doors. It's worth staying up all night just to hear the commentary. Forget the technical terms - ("he's playing the seamer square into the gully off the leg stump") and revel in the banter.

How I miss Johnners and his fruitcakes! Aggers is a good successor, though.

Umpire Bowden's just raised the Finger of Doom!!!!

Oh no, not again!!!!!

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Clapping Wildly for Gill-- even tho I haven't a clue what she's bloody talking about.
    I remain unsigned on this one -- snicker snicker

Comment

Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

OHHHH I get it -- It is like when the one that is on the right is on the left and the one on the left is on the right and the one on the rear is in the middle and the one in the middle ---says --" Oh Dear "( sigh ).
        Clear as mud to me now -- thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
          I'll let Gill explain the rest of the rules ...
          I think we need an Aussie to explain the rest of the rules. Judging from the way our team's performing right now, I don't think the English have a comprehensive understanding of the game.

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Comment

I don't think I have coffee STRONG enough to get me to focus on this. Giggle

Comment

I thought that the USA and England both spoke... english. But that was all foriegn to me!

Comment

DUH!!!!!!! Did she swear at us????
                Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz
                  I thought that the USA and England both spoke... english.
                  Whatever made you think that Grizz ? I've spent a year moderating and changing my vocabulary so I can be understood in Canada - the accent I'm unlikely to do much about though ...lol
                  Ian

Comment

If anyone knows a native American medicine man who could do a rain dance, please would you ask him if he could flood a certain cricket pitch in Brisbane, Australia? A plague of locusts to eat all the grass would be an equally acceptable alternative.

This test match has gone beyond a national humiliation.

Gill

Comment

LOL Gill - weather forecast is for scattered clouds and 80 degrees there..:-)
                      Wouldn't hold out too much hope ...

mmm they only need another 608 runs - shouldn't be a problem ....

Come on look on the bright side - it's not as bad as the England rugby team losing to Argentina a couple of weeks ago and S Africa today ...
                      Ian

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
                        ...it's not as bad as the England rugby team losing to Argentina a couple of weeks ago and S Africa today
                        For the benefit of our North American friends, imagine how you'd feel if your national hockey teams lost to Jamaica.

Okay, so the Aussies are undoubtedly the best cricketers in the world. But they're grinding the English into the dust as if we've put up a kindergarten team. Tonight I was watching Strictly Come Dancing (Dancing With The Stars) on TV and one of the contestants is a former cricket player. The programme host quipped that he had scored more highly than the whole England team in Brisbane. The joke was uncomfortably close to the truth.

Gill

Comment

Gill hun, no offense, but I dont think you need a medicine man, or a rain dance. Instead, maybe a trip to the sanitarium! LOL Dale
                          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Gill =being a first class witch ( so I have been told ) I can cast a hex on the team and make their pants fall down when the run. Or we could tie their shoe laces together -- that would be so cool watching them fall down- if I had a hand in it I would load the field with fresh hot from the oven ( so to speak ) cow piles.
                            Hey !!! That wasn't a witch I was called -- this word started with a B..lol
                            Sharon

Comment

Boy I hit submit and heard a zillion AMENs and You Got That Right on my post -- humm- mess with me and I'll just go to bed and make sawdust tomorrow...
                              LOL

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                                Today, 11:51 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                                Today, 11:39 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
                                Today, 11:36 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Interesting pallet
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
                                Today, 11:32 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Interesting pallet
                                by NC Scroller
                                I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
                                Today, 11:30 AM
                              Working...
                              X