Happy day to you all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy day to you all.

I wont to wish all of you a great Day. its thankgiving here. and I wont you all to know. I am thankfull for all of you here on SSW&C. your the best. This is the best forume around. with the most thoughtfull folks, ever. thank you for all your inputs, and help along the way in my scrolling experiance. your friend Evie

I'm confused - is there something weird going on with the dates on here .. Evie's post says it was posted today but wasn't Thanksgiving Monday in the US?

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to you all anyhow...
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Puzzled Moose,
      Today is Thanksgiving day in the US, they always celebrate on a Thursday, it is a beautiful long weekend for them. It is always the Thursday closest to the 25th of Nov. I believe most Americans consider Thanksgiving Day as the first day of the Christmas Season.
      Hope this clears things up for you
      Marsha
      LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Welllllll. happy day any way. Evie

Comment

I've been told...

to put the tools away for the rest of the day....
          company will be here soon....

I at least made some progress on Hank so I can show him off...

that turkey smells good...

Trout
          Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
          Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my friends south of the border.

We had our thanksgiving on October the 9th in Canada.
            W.Y.
            http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Originally posted by Marsha
              Puzzled Moose,
              Today is Thanksgiving day in the US, they always celebrate on a Thursday..
              Marsha
              Thanks, Marsha - I'm unconfused now .. I've just got used to celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving over the last 4 years. As you probably know we don't celebrate it at all in England - shame really - I like turkey

Victoria Day is the one here I can't quite figure, since Victoria Day isnt celebrated in England either - why is she so important out of all the kings and queens we've had? (Other than having a provincial capital named after her ..lol)
              Ian

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzledMoose
                Victoria Day is the one here I can't quite figure, since Victoria Day isnt celebrated in England either - why is she so important out of all the kings and queens we've had? (Other than having a provincial capital named after her ..lol)
                Thats a simple one moose.......... Because she liked turkey too!!!
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

... As you probably know we don't celebrate it at all in England - shame really - I like turkey ...
                  Interesting Fact: Did you know that Benjamin Franklin wanted to make the Turkey as the official bird for the USA?

I'm glad the Eagle won out. I'd hate to eat eagle once every year... turkey much better....mmmmm .
                  Last edited by Minnesota scroller; 11-23-2006, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I hope you don't mind Grizz, but I added the word "eat" before the word eagle in your last line. I had to read it a couple times to figure out what was missing in that line. It kinda makes me wonder though. Have you ever eaten eagle?
                    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz
                      Interesting Fact: Did you know that Benjamin Franklin wanted to make the Turkey as the official bird for the USA?
                      I'm glad the Eagle won out. I'd hate to eat eagle once every year... turkey much better....mmmmm .
                      LOL

The provincial bird of Nova Scotia is the osprey - but they don't make us eat them ....
                      Ian

Comment

Now you've really got me thinking, Victoria Day is celebrated in recognition of Queen Victoria's birthday. Queen Victoria was the longest reigning monarch in the Britsh Empire, and on her death in 1901 Canada declared May 24th as a statutory holiday. Canada was a commonwealth of the British Empire at the time, under British rule, the declaration of a staturory holiday in honour of the Queen was certainly appropriate at the time. Perhaps not so appropriate now because we are no longer ruled by Britain. There's lots more here about Queen Victoria if you're interested.
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victori...United_Kingdom
                        Marsha
                        LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

I knew that QV was the longest serving of our monarchs, though Liz is rapidly catching up I was just curious as to why following QV's death her birthday was made a holiday here in Canada but not in the UK.

Personally I can't see why Canada wants to retain the queen even as a figurehead but then I'm not a great royalist by any means ...

I'm surprised that Prince Philip is allowed back to many countries - did you hear his comment when visiting Canada:

"We don't come here for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves." Just one of the many countries he's insulted .. a small list here:

http://www.dorsetrarebooks.co.uk/rag/philip.htm
                          Last edited by PuzzledMoose; 11-24-2006, 09:37 AM.
                          Ian

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                            Bruce, the one on probation
                            by will8989
                            is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                            Today, 12:59 AM
                          • will8989
                            Sundays market
                            by will8989
                            When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                            Today, 12:46 AM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                            by will8989
                            I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                            Today, 12:27 AM
                          • jim_mex
                            Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                            by jim_mex
                            Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                            Yesterday, 08:47 PM
                          • KarlB
                            Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                            by KarlB
                            Very well done!

Karl
                            Yesterday, 07:36 PM
                          Working...
                          X