Welsh Dragon Sausages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh Dragon Sausages

Ok now how many of you would actually think that Welsh Dragon Sausages would actually contain dragon meat?

It seems that the UK trading standards are worried that there could be confusion ...

DRAGON SAUSAGE FOOD FARCE

Nov 18 2006

Mike Jones, Western Mail

A Welsh food firm last night hit out at bizarre rules that have forced it to explain that its 'dragon sausages' do not really contain dragons.

The company has been warned it could face legal action for misleading people that it uses dragon meat in its fiery sausages.

Trading standards chiefs are forcing the meat firm, Black Mountains Smokery, to include the word 'pork' on its labels for their Welsh Dragon Sausages, even though pork is already included on the list of ingredients - and dragons are obviously mythical.

The clampdown to satisfy the Government's Food Labelling Regulations was yesterday criticised by the Black Mountains Smokery boss.

Jon Carthew said the sausages had fallen foul of bureaucracy. 'I don't think any of our customers actually believe that we use dragon meat in our sausages,' he said. 'We use the word because the dragon is synonymous with Wales and I think everyone who buys from us knows that.'
    Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

It's a bit like the film "Addams Family Values". Pugsley and Wednesday set up a lemonade stand where they encounter a Girl Guide selling Girl Guide Cookies, who asks if the lemonade is made from real lemons, whereupon comes the rejoinder, "Are they [the cookies] made from real Girl Scouts ?"

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
      Shrink wrap systems
      by Linda In Phoenix
      What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
      Today, 11:51 AM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to Sundays market
      by Linda In Phoenix
      Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
      Today, 11:39 AM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to New tools
      by Linda In Phoenix
      New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
      Today, 11:36 AM
    • Linda In Phoenix
      Reply to Interesting pallet
      by Linda In Phoenix
      At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
      Today, 11:32 AM
    • NC Scroller
      Reply to Interesting pallet
      by NC Scroller
      I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
      Today, 11:30 AM
    Working...
    X