Cheese Curds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese Curds

I just got my latest delivery - CHEESE CURDS. Got a bag of white and yellow curds.

One of my consultants has a client in Wisconsin so every few months when he goes to visit them, he brings me curds back. He even got one of the guys from our Washington DC office hooked on them.

They're so fresh they squeak. They are awesome. A little bit a heaven from home. Now if I could just get him to bring me some lake perch I could die a happy woman.
    Kelly
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kelly-- being a country girl from the south I am not sure what curds are- I was always taught they were cottage cheese. Now will you please explain to me just what are Curds--and curds and whey __
    Sharon

Comment

Sharon,

Curds are the solid thats left when you separate the solids and the liquids in cheese making. Yes, curds and whey.

The curds are just "rough" cheese that hasn't been pressed and aged into cheese.

They are quite delicious. Some find them a bit salty but I happen to love them, being from Wisconsin and all.
      Kelly
      "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Buffalo
        Sharon,

Curds are the solid thats left when you separate the solids and the liquids in cheese making. Yes, curds and whey.

The curds are just "rough" cheese that hasn't been pressed and aged into cheese.

They are quite delicious. Some find them a bit salty but I happen to love them, being from Wisconsin and all.
        Still sounds like cottage cheese to me- and it probably is... you know we talk a little funny down south
        Sharon

Comment

I am not all that fond of cottage cheese but it is probably because my parents used to like it so much and us kids had to eat it so often.
          But I still do enjoy some of it mixed into a nice big lasogna caserole where it takes on a new flavor.. Yummm . . .
          W.Y.
          http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Yummmm-- or with some fruit mixed with it -- I can eat a ton of it thT Wy- sometimes I am sitting down at my puter and chomping away on my curds and whey and before I know it I have eaten the whole tub.. makes me a cheesehead or a glutten-just not sure which
            Sharon

Comment

Sharon;

sitting down at my puter and chomping away on my curds and whey
              The curds can be picked out of your keyboard but the whey could give you a problem that you couldn't get to the bottom of.

W.Y.

Comment

Cheese curds are a delicious treat! I love em too, and yes, fresh ones squeak when you bite em!!! At the county fairs now, one of the big things is deep fried cheese curds, which are also really good.An interesting read if anyone wants... http://www.doorbell.net/tlr/cheesecd.htm If you need some, I can always ship you some Kelly!!!
                Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Thanks Dale for the link-- now I know that they arent cottage cheese

Comment

Yes Dale , thanks from here too for pointing out the difference.
                    So that is one form of cheese I had never heard about or seen or tried .
                    I will keep on the look out when I go east again because there is a cheese factory that I have bought excellent cheese from and they will surely fill me in if they can supply me with some curds to try..
                    W.Y.

Comment

All this talk of cheese curds and no one has mentioned poutine.

Frenchfries covered with cheese curds and smothered in gravy. It is true French Canadian quisine.

I can feel my arteries hardening as I dream of it.

so we have cheese curds, cottage cheese and ricotta cheese, all similar yet subtly different.
                      Think of it as the difference between walnut, black walnut and english walnut.
                      Now I have to find my fork....
                      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

LOL I was just going to say the same thing about poutine when I read your post, Carl.

Must admit I haven't yet plucked up the courage to try poutine - I like the constituent ingredients but together sounds like grease overload ... I get enough fat from Timmies donuts and the breakast sausage sandwiches...
                        Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Sorry Carl.

I like my fries nekkid. Nothing but maybe a little tartar sauce or ketchup once in a while.

But cheese curds and GRAVY on french fries - YUCK!
                          Kelly

Comment

ahh yes french fries, when I was stationed in Germany the local thing there was schnitzel and a side order of pomefritz mit mayo (french fries with mayonaise) and to this day I still prefer mayo on my fries
                            Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Ahh,

Poutine: A native meal!

Fries, curds and BBQ sauce, (or Gravy, but I prefer BBQ sauce, similar to the one that comes with an order of chicken or a hot chicken sandwich)

You also can have Italian Poutine: change the BBQ sauce for Spaghetti sauce (not my cup of tea)

And at least try it before saying yuck to poutine, or to any food for that matter.

How the heck can you know you won't like it until you've tried it? I Never could figure that one out. If someone tells you it's poison, you'd be dumb to try it, but if someone told you it's good, it's as bad to say you don't like it without having tasted it.
                              http://marleb.com
                              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X